Gahanna police recently received reports about someone searching through the trash of a local resident and business.
A Carlin Court West resident said someone took her trash and then returned it to the residence opened. She said a gray vehicle was parked in front of her residence the evening of March 10, but she's unsure if it's related. She filed the complaint at 2:38 p.m. March 11.
People were seen looking in the trash bins with a flashlight at CVS Pharmacy, 900 N. Hamilton Road, according to a suspicious-persons report received at 8:30 p.m. March 10.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* A homeless man visited the United Dairy Farmers, 1400 Cherry Bottom Road, at 8:30 p.m. March 11. Employees have been told to call police when he shows up. The man entered the store, yelling that someone had stolen his umbrella, according to reports.
* Someone was walking on the retaining wall in the middle of the roadway toward traffic at U.S. Route 62 and South Stygler Road at 7:54 p.m. March 11. The caller expressed concerns about the person's safety.
* A loose dog was picked up at 6:01 p.m. March 11 in the first block of Granville Street. The yellow Labrador mix was wearing a purple collar but no tags. It didn't match anything currently listed in the lost-dogs log. Franklin County Animal Control was notified to pick up the dog.
* A jewelry box, jewelry and clothing were reported stolen at 11:43 a.m. March 11 at a residence in the 300 block of Hermitage Road.
* A Rita Court resident reported at 5:07 p.m. March 10 that someone had filed a tax return in her name. She said her name and Social Security number were used on the return, according to reports.
* Money was reported stolen from a safe at Piada, 4697 Morse Road, at 7:07 a.m. March 10. There was no sign of forced entry at the business and no force on the safe. The night manager left at 12:16 a.m., and the safe and all doors were locked. No one at the business could provide an estimate on the amount of cash that was taken, according to reports.
* A resident in the 200 block of Vista Drive complained at 4:08 a.m. March 10 that she kept seeing a shadow moving outside her front window and she heard footsteps.