A man crashed his dump truck recently after he apparently had a fatal heart attack in a parking lot of a Gahanna business, according to Gahanna police reports.
Mifflin Township firefighters called for police officers after arriving on the scene of a crash in the 1100 block of Morrison Road, according to a report received at 6:35 p.m. June 8. Officials think the man had a heart attack before his dump truck hit a transformer in the parking lot, reports said.
The Franklin County coroner was called to investigate the death, reports said.
In other recent police reports:
• A man locked several cars behind a gate at Gahanna Swim Club, 148 Parkland Drive, after telling visitors it was private property, according to a report at 1:05 p.m. June 6. A city employee later opened the gate and allowed visitors to leave, reports said.
• Men, who were possibly wearing kilts and makeup, were walking through the 100 block of Academy Woods Drive, looking for someone named Alex, according to a suspicious-person report received at 3:03 p.m. June 6. A neighbor told police the men were looking in her window earlier.
• Police responded to the 700 block of Trapp Drive after receiving a suspicious-person call at 9:02 p.m. June 9 about a man who appeared to be unconscious. Police contacted the man, who told them he was napping before picking up his son from piano lessons.
• A car's window was smashed in the 100 block of Arbors Circle, according to a report received 8:12 a.m. June 10.
• A car's driver-side window was busted out in the first block of North High Street, according to a report received at 11:36 a.m. June 10.
• Items were stolen from a woman's car after she parked it in the 300 block of Vista Drive and forgot to lock it, according to a report received at 10:27 June 11.
• A vehicle was reported stolen from the 100 block of Penny Lane, according to a report received at 12:07 p.m. June 7. Police contacted a financial institution, which confirmed the car was towed because the owner was behind on payments, reports said.
• Someone left a dog in a locked car with the windows up in a parking lot in the 1200 block of North Hamilton Road, according to a report received at 4:31 p.m. June 6. The car was gone when police arrived, reports said.
• Police responded to the 200 block of Rocky Fork Drive after two dogs maimed a raccoon, according to a report received at 7:51 p.m. June 6. An officer dispatched the injured animal, reports said.
• Police responded to the 100 block of Academy Court after a caller stated her neighbor's dog pulled her dog through a fence by the neck, resulting in injury, according to a report received at 5:51 p.m. June 7. Police knocked on the neighbor's door but received no answer.
• Someone stole $15 from a locker at the YMCA, 555 YMCA Place, according to a report received at 8:23 p.m. June 6.
• Police responded to the 300 block of Towne Court East after an anonymous caller reported two men were smoking marijuana, according to a report received at 5:56 p.m. June 8. Police did not locate the men or vehicle described by the caller.