Gahanna police recently responded to a variety of calls regarding animals on the loose, including a horse and several dogs.
A chestnut-colored horse was seen standing in a yard in the 1000 block of Challis Springs Drive at 5:30 p.m. June 17. The Franklin County Sheriff's Office was aware of reports about a horse in the roadway but not about a missing horse. Police were told the horse's owner was there.
A white dog was reported loose at Hannah Farms Park, 6547 Clark State Road, at 2:39 p.m. June 16.
A brown bulldog reportedly was chasing children in the 200 block of Camrose Court at 9:10 a.m. June 15.
A dog was found inside a vehicle with the windows up at City Barbeque, 108 S. Stygler Road, according to a complaint filed at 12:29 p.m. June 14. As police pulled up, the owners were getting into the vehicle and the windows were rolled down, according to reports.
A black Labrador mix was spotted running loose in traffic at Hamilton Road and Granville Street, according to an animal complaint received at 3:04 p.m. June 13.
Gahanna police received three calls about a loose Pomeranian at South Hamilton Road and the I-270 ramp beginning at 6:10 a.m. June 13.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
• A car was egged in the 900 block of Thayer Drive, according to a vandalism report received at 9:13 a.m. June 18.
• Jewelry was reported stolen from a residence in the 700 block of Arbors Circle at 5:12 p.m. June 17.
• After a neighbor left paint unattended in the 400 block of Anthony Court, someone painted genitalia on cardboard and left it on a chair on the caller's front porch at 1:25 p.m. June 16. The neighbor had been painting his shed earlier in the day, according to reports. The caller told police he was convinced it was a prank, and he didn't want a report filed.
• A light post was pulled out of the ground in the front yard of a residence in the 700 block of Caroway Boulevard, according to a vandalism report received at 4:25 p.m. June 16.
• A resident in the 700 block of Tabon Court reported someone stole a $300 cement lawn statue sometime over the winter, according to a theft report received at 12:33 p.m. June 16.
• A man in his 50s with a gray ponytail was reported sitting on a curb in the back parking lot of Columbus East Internal Medicine, 1075 Beecher Crossing, where he reportedly was meditating with his eyes closed and rocking back and forth for at least a half an hour at 9:32 a.m. June 16. Police later were told the man was waiting for his wife.
• People walked out on their bill at the FM bar and grill, 154 N. Hamilton Road, at 1:16 p.m. June 14. Other members of their group still were on the scene but refused to pay for the amount due and refused to contact the party that left. Someone ended up paying the bill, according to reports.
• Police received two calls about a woman approaching others for money in the parking lot at 356 S. Hamilton Road at 11:42 a.m. June 14.
• Cash, electronics and a purse were reported stolen from a residence in the 1000 block of Waveland Drive at 3:35 a.m. June 14.
• Smoke and embers were reported coming from a manhole cover at Central Ohio Urology Group, 701 Tech Center Drive, at 3:21 p.m. June 13. The Mifflin Township Fire Department was on the scene of what appeared to be a mulch fire, according to reports.
• A work case and other miscellaneous items were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of North Hamilton Road at 11:42 a.m. June 13.
• A large pile of cement was dropped by a cement truck at Morrison Road and Tech Center Drive, according to a complaint received at 7:57 a.m. June 13. The city streets department was called to the scene.