Police recently responded to a resident who reported unidentified flying objects as "aliens."
A resident in the 400 block of Goshen Court reported three objects in the air at 9:57 p.m. June 28. The same resident called 911 again, complaining that an officer should have arrived already.
When the dispatcher asked if the floating bags with candles could be lanterns, the woman said "they are aliens" and that a plane was going to land on her house.
Police told her the objects were homemade hot-air balloons.
She said she was worried about them causing problems with a jet taking off from the airport.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
• A gunshot was reported in the 1000 block of Havant Drive at 10:01 p.m. June 28. Police spoke with neighbors, who said fireworks were being detonated.
• Change and a gift card were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of Sierra Drive at 10:38 a.m. July 2.
• Someone broke into a cargo van and stole equipment, according to a theft report received at 7:58 a.m. July 2.
• A wallet was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of Sierra Drive at 7:43 a.m. July 1.
• A resident in the 300 block of Prince of Wales Drive complained to police regarding a street-closure sign in the area that was "lighting his house up like a Christmas tree" at 9:22 p.m. June 30. A city employee said he would shut the sign down.
• Rings were reported stolen from a residence in the first block of Verdin Court at 1:15 p.m. June 29.
• A vehicle was egged in the 200 block of Millside Drive, according to a vandalism report received at 11:12 a.m. June 28.
• Kids in a vehicle were out egging, according to a complaint filed at 12:47 a.m. June 28.
• Patio lights were reported stolen from a residence in the 700 block of Trapp Drive at 1:54 p.m. June 27.
• The window of a vehicle was broken at Gahanna Swim Club, 148 Parkland Drive, according to a vandalism report received at 5:40 p.m. June 27.
• A resident in the 500 block of Springwood Lake Drive reported someone is stealing gas from her truck during the night, according to a report received at 1:52 p.m. June 27.
• Police received two calls about a semitrailer going the wrong way on U.S. Route 62 near Stygler Road at 1:01 a.m. June 26.
• A credit-card reader from a computer was reported stolen from Urban Oasis, 979 E. Johnstown Road, at 3:23 p.m. June 26. This was the second one that has been stolen from the business, according to reports.
• Youths were reported swimming in the creek at Academy Park, 1201 Cherry Bottom Road, near the nursery that backs up to the park, according to a complaint filed at 3:27 p.m. June 26.
• Kids were reported swimming at a resident's pool without permission in the 700 block of Windward Lane, according to a complaint filed at 6:04 p.m. June 26.
• Three boys were reported beside the water behind Old Bag of Nails, 63 Mill St., at 8:28 p.m. June 26. Police spoke to a crowd at the creek who said the boys were with their parents and weren't in the water.
• Loud obscene music was reported from the shelter house at Friendship Park, 150 Oklahoma Ave., according to a complaint filed at 8:56 p.m. June 26.
• Several individuals reportedly were playing in the fountain at Creekside Plaza, according to a complaint filed at 9:16 p.m. June 26.