Police responded to multiple calls about trees down in roadways following a July 7 storm.
A large limb was reported on power lines that were hanging in the 300 block of Carpenter Road at 7:29 a.m. July 10. AEP said the lines were cable lines, according to reports.
A large tree was hanging over power lines and the roadway south of the Gahanna YMCA on East Johnstown Road and YMCA Place, according to a call received at 12:58 p.m. July 8. The tree was split and supporting its own weight. It wasn't in contact with the power lines. The tree will need preventive maintenance to keep it from falling into the road or on lines, according to reports. The tree is on the west side of the roadway, across from 4242 E. Johnstown Road.
A large tree was reported down on a house in the 600 block of Palace Lane at 1:22 p.m. July 8. The home appears to be vacant, according to reports.
In other storm-related reports:
• A tree limb was reported in the roadway on East Johnstown Road, south of Old Mill at 8:35 a.m. July 8. A big branch also was reported at Crossing Creek and East Johnstown Road, according to reports.
• A tree branch was reported down on a power line in the first block of Southwind Drive at 8:33 p.m. July 7. A neighbor couldn't reach AEP, according to reports.
• Everyone was evacuated from Gahanna Lanes, 215 W. Johnstown Road, after a utility pole had fallen onto the side of the building at 7:50 p.m. July 7. It smelled like smoke inside the building according to reports. The Mifflin Township Fire Department shut down power to the building, and it was added to AEP's list, according to reports.
• Wires had fallen onto a tree in the 100 block of Gary Lee Drive at 7:28 p.m. July 7. AEP was contacted, according to reports.
• Lines were sagging to the ground in the 200 block of Hermitage Road at 7:09 p.m. July 7. An emergency number was given to the resident for AEP, according to reports. A tree also was reported down at Shepard and Walnut streets at 7 p.m. July 7.
• A tree was blocking the westbound lanes at St. Matthew School, 795 Havens Corners Road, at 6:40 p.m. July 7. Part of a tree also was blocking the eastbound lanes in the 100 block of Town Street at 6:19 p.m.
• Neighbors used chain saws to clear a path after a tree was found blocking Old Mill Street at 6:33 p.m. July 7.
• A transformer fire was reported on Castle Pines Drive at 6:25 p.m. July 7.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
• Four juveniles reportedly were throwing firecrackers at passing cars along Olde Ridenour Road at 4:33 p.m. July 7.
• Flower pots were reported stolen from Stygler Commons, 165 N. Stygler Road, at 9:16 a.m. July 8.
• Items were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 400 block of Preservation Lane at 5:03 p.m. July 8.
• A debit card was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 600 block of Vista Drive, according to a theft report received at 3:24 p.m. July 8.
• A solicitor stepped in a flower bed and twisted her foot to crush a flower after a resident refused to buy items in the 200 block of Lyncroft Drive at 4:50 p.m. July 8.
• The front door of a business was smashed in the 1000 block of North Hamilton Road, according to a report received at 8:15 a.m. July 8.
• An elderly woman in the 600 block of Churchill Drive was screaming obscenities at her neighbor's landscape workers, according to a complaint received at 1:49 p.m. July 9.
• A fight among juveniles was reported in the dining room at Wendy's, 77 Granville St., at 2:46 p.m. July 9.
• A resident in the 3000 block of Olde Ridenour Road said a juvenile who assaulted him with fireworks the other day just went by his house on a skateboard at 4:52 p.m. July 9.
• Boys were reported fishing in a private pond at Founders Ridge Drive at 8:24 p.m. July 7. The caller said they had been asked to leave four times, according to reports.