Gahanna police recently responded to a report of a vehicle on fire near the area of South Hamilton Road.
A vehicle was reported on fire at Interstate 270 southbound and 368 S. Hamilton Road at 8:28 a.m. July 17. While driving south on I-270, a motorist alerted the driver that his vehicle was on fire. He saw smoke from the rear end of the vehicle, according to reports.
Once the driver pulled over and exited the car, the back of the vehicle became engulfed in flames.
Police advised Mifflin Township fire personnel to approach by coming down the ramp from South Hamilton Road the wrong way.
No injuries were reported, according to reports.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
• The title of a vehicle was reported stolen from a car in the 600 block of Penny Lane at 11:04 p.m. July 17. The vehicle's owner said she saw the title the previous night in her purse, which she left in her unlocked car, according to reports.
• A dog was reported stuck behind a fence of a wooded area between Kroger and High Meadow Court, according to a call received at 10:15 p.m. July 15. This happens often to the beagle, the caller said, and it had gone on for an hour that night, according to reports.
• A resident in the 600 block of Juniper Lane reported seeing a white light and hearing a boom at 9:11 p.m. July 15. It didn't sound like a firework, and a strange smell was in the air, according to reports. The resident said she smelled something charred but didn't see smoke or anything.
• A bicycle was reported stolen from Gahanna Lincoln High School, 140 S. Hamilton Road, at 1:20 p.m. July 16. A bicycle also was reported stolen from Middle School West, 350 N. Stygler Road, at 6:49 p.m. July 15. The bike's owner lives on Faye Drive, according to the report.
• A suspicious person was reported ducking behind a neighbor's garage and sitting on the front porch where no one lives at Shepard and Walnut streets at 10:30 p.m. July 14. The bald man also was walking in the alley with a flashlight. Police said the man lives one house over, and he was looking for his lost cat.
• Several juveniles had been trying to let the air out of a resident's tires in the 300 block of Shady Spring Drive, according to a report received at 11:02 pm. July 13. The resident said she has yelled at them two times, and they might have gone toward Middle School South, according to reports. Police checked the caller's vehicle and found no damage and nothing taken.
• The window of a vehicle was busted out in the 800 block of Taylor Road, according to a vandalism reported received at 7:02 p.m. July 13.
• A cellphone and wallet were reported stolen from the YMCA of Central Ohio, 555 YMCA Place, at 5:28 p.m. July 13.
• Plates and statues were reported stolen from a residence in the 900 block of Venetian Way at 8:43 p.m. July 10. The homeowner said the residence is up for sheriff's auction, and someone entered through the back door that doesn't lock, according to reports.
• Customers left Buffalo Wild Wings Inc., 1380 Cherry Bottom Road, without paying a $162 bill at 7:44 p.m. July 10, according to reports.
• A resident in the 600 block of Fleet Run Avenue complained about her neighbor's dog defecating in her yard at 7 p.m. July 10. Police told both residents that Gahanna has a leash law and dog owners are required to pick up their waste.
• A resident in the 400 block of Canterwood Court told police she found a concealed sleeping bag at the edge of her property at 3 p.m. July 10. Upon inspection of the backyard, it was determined the object in question was a comforter that appeared to have been blown there by a storm earlier in the week. The resident was advised to call police if she notices anything else out of the ordinary.