Gahanna police recently responded to numerous incidents involving damaged mailboxes.
Mailboxes were vandalized along Academy Court, according to a report received at 2:42 a.m. July 19. Five to six shots were heard by a resident in the 100 block of Academy Court. She said the shots sounded like they were in the direction west of her.
A second caller reported hearing banging in the street. The noises were mailboxes being destroyed along Academy Court, according to reports.
Some mailboxes were knocked down on Ronson Avenue, according to a vandalism report received at 11:29 p.m. July 19. A mailbox was damaged in the 600 block of Jonsol Court, according to a vandalism report received at 8:58 p.m. July 20.
Mailboxes were reported damaged in the 1000 block of Underwood Farms Boulevard, according to a vandalism report received at 4:18 p.m. July 23.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* A Wii and Blu-ray player were reported stolen from a residence in the 200 block of Landover Road, according to a report received at 3 a.m. July 23. The resident said the contents of her purse also were stolen. She said she heard something about an hour before then.
* A resident in the 300 block of Haymarket Place said his cat was poisoned and died at 5:01 p.m. July 21. He said his daughter heard that a neighbor kid did it. The resident was advised to contact the vet and obtain evidence or cause of death, according to reports.
* Someone threw a dog statue through the back window of a vehicle in the 300 block of Lincolnshire Road, according to a vandalism report received at 1:13 p.m. July 20.
* A patio umbrella and its base were reported stolen at 8:38 p.m. July 20 in the 700 block of Ashford Glen Court. The theft occurred sometime overnight, according to reports. The neighbor reported hearing kids yelling, "Hurry up, hurry up," sometime after midnight, according to reports.
* A resident in the 200 block of Faye Drive said someone a few houses down was playing drums on the back porch, according to a report received at 11:52 p.m. July 18.
* Someone was recording a movie on a cellphone at Cinemark Movie 16, 323 Stoneridge Lane, according to a theft report received at 8:53 p.m. July 18.
* Camouflage deer blinds were set up in a field behind a resident's home in the 300 block of Forestwood Drive, according to a complaint received at 5:59 p.m. July 18. The resident expressed concern that someone might start hunting on the property. Police were unable to find out who owns the property where the blinds were set up. The blinds were on the west side of the field in the tree line, and the other side is in the middle of a field by a garden, according to reports.
* Two juveniles were riding bikes, carrying a long rifle, according to a suspicious-persons report received at 1:25 p.m. July 18. The youths were riding along Knights Avenue and Lincolnshire Road, and they seemed to be aiming at houses, according to reports. Police found them on Penny Lane with an Airsoft gun, according to reports.
* A few women and children were seen hanging out by the bathroom, doing laundry and taking showers in the bathroom, at Friendship Park, 150 Oklahoma Ave., according to a complaint received at 1:17 p.m. July 18. The caller said the children said they didn't have anywhere to live and were asking for food.
A second caller said the children told her their car was taken by police and they had been sleeping in the vehicle.
* Dogs had been barking and keeping the neighborhood up, according to an animal complaint received at 4:53 a.m. July 18. The resident in the 700 block of Ronson Avenue already was cited once for animal nuisance, according to reports.