Two robberies rang in the New Year in German Village
The first occurred about 2 a.m. Jan. 1 at Blenkner and Pearl streets.
The victim told police that as she was walking someone approached her from behind and punched her in the jaw, causing her to fall to the ground.
The suspect then took a $100 cell phone, a $10 clutch bag, credit cards and the woman's driver's license, and fled on foot.
In the other incident, which occurred about 2:30 a.m. Jan. 1 at the corner of Bank and Frankfort streets, a woman told police someone snatched a $100 cellphone, $60 in cash, a driver's license and door key, and fled on foot.
The victim told police she was not injured.
In other recent German Village area crime reports, vandals continue to target vehicles in the area.
Those incidents included:
* At 6 a.m. Dec. 29, someone broke a windshield and stole a CD player from a vehicle parked in the 100 block of Frankfort Square.
* Sometime around 1:25 p.m. Dec. 31, someone stole a wallet and several other items from a vehicle parked in the 100 block of West Sycamore Street.
* Between 9 and 11:59 p.m. Dec. 28, someone stole an electronic device from a vehicle parked in the 30 block of East Kossuth.
* Between 8:14 p.m. Dec. 28 and 10 p.m. Dec. 29, someone broke the passenger side window of a vehicle parked in the Kossuth and Bank streets. Another vehicle was damaged between 8 p.m. Dec. 28 and 9 a.m. Dec. 29 at that same intersection.
* About 3 a.m. Dec. 22 someone broke out a car window and stole a laptop computer valued at $100 from a vehicle parked in the 100 block of Lansing Street.
* Between 3 a.m. and 3:15 p.m., someone broke the rear passenger window of a car parked 200 block of East Whittier Street. Nothing was believed to have been stolen according to the vehicle's owner.
* Two copper downspouts valued at $500 were stolen between 11:10 a.m. Dec. 14 and 11:10 a.m. Dec. 15 from a house in the 600 block of Mohawk Street.