A string of thefts and incidents of criminal damaging, all occurring between 1:18 and 1:28 a.m. in the 600 block of South Third Street, were reported Feb. 13 in German Village.
Columbus Divisions of Police reports show in each case, thieves broke a window to gain entry into the cars.
Nearly $700 worth of merchandise was stolen from one car, and nearly $300 was stolen from another.
Reports said a third vehicle was damaged, but no merchandise was believed to have been stolen.
In other recent German Village area police reports:
* A copper mailbox valued at $50 was stolen between 10:45 p.m. Feb. 7 and 2 a.m. Feb. 8 in the 800 block of South Third Street.
* Between 8 p.m. Feb. 12 and 7:30 a.m. Feb. 13 in the 300 block of East Sycamore Street, someone entered an open garage door and stole a bicycle valued at $1,000.
* A car was vandalized between 2 and 10 a.m. Feb. 8 while it was parked at the intersection of South Fifth and East Beck streets.
Someone threw a brick through the passenger side window and ransacked the car, but nothing was believed to have been stolen, the victim told police.
* A burglary was reported to have occurred between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Feb. 11 in the 100 block of East Kossuth Street.
A thief broke the rear window of a house and stole more than $900 worth of merchandise.
* A copper downspout valued at $80 was stolen between 10 p.m. Feb. 7 and 5:30 a.m. Feb. 8 from a residence in the 800 block of Mohawk Street.
* Someone stole mail between 6 p.m. Feb. 5 and 5:15 p.m. Feb. 6 from a house in the 300 block of Sycamore Street.
* Between 8:25 and 9 a.m. Feb. 10, $450 worth of merchandise was stolen from a car in the 100 block of East Willow Street.
* About 10:55 a.m. Feb. 10, $25 in cash was stolen from a residence in the 600 block of Rader Alley.
The victim told police the suspect broke a rear window and entered the house.