Still looking for a way to throw off this terrible, long winter?
Here's an excuse: We now know every Haus und Garten Tour stop and have identified 20 PreTour locations. All are going to knock your socks off.
Here is just some of what I love:
* The tour stops are a mix of styles, architecture and design approach. Our dozen hosts will wow you with their renowned designs, enchanting gardens and award-winning restorations.
You'll go from Schiller Park to the Beck Place Condos and all over the neighborhood that lies in between. Check out the list at GermanVillageTour.com.
* The mix of homes is so much fun -- some are longtime Villagers and volunteers, some are brand new to the neighborhood, some have been PreTour dinner hosts, and at least one couple has served as H&G chairs already.
* Haus und Garten Tour 2014 chairs Marie Logothetis and Dan Kline, plus garden-guru Bert Stevens, cannot be thanked enough for pulling this group together under the theme "Living. History.: German Village."
* PreTour hosts have stepped up in droves to help us seat 350 people in private homes and businesses.
* They're having a lot of fun with the theme "Urban. Living.: A state of mind."
You'll have New Orleans, Napa and Viennese cuisine among many others to tempt your taste buds. There's even an Urban Herbivore theme for our vegetarian supporters.
* This kind of showing doesn't happen without a great team, and PreTour Chairs Michele McFadden, Angela Petro, and Ronni and Darrel Van Ligten have gone gangbusters on the dinners.
* Don't forget Party on the Platz! Sarah Kasey and Alena Clarke are back as chairs to create a Kentucky Derby experience you won't forget (well, that depends how many juleps you drink!).
* I love working (in her fifth year in the role) with Board Liaison and PreTour Host Darci Congrove. She provides the perspective and energy we all gravitate to.
Mark your calendars for June 28-29.
You will not want to miss the weekend we show off the whole neighborhood and help Columbus appreciate just how unique we remain.
More details about tickets, menus and tour stops are forthcoming -- keep your eye on this space and GermanVillageTour.com.
German Village Society Executive Director Shiloh Todorov submitted the Village Notebook column.