A Columbus man was arrested on charges of receiving stolen property May 23 in German Village.
Larry James, 58, of Columbus, was charged after a home burglary was reported in the 700 block of Mohawk Street, according to Columbus Division of Police reports.
The two victims told police a $100 purse, containing various credit cards, was stolen from the house around 2:10 p.m. that afternoon.
In other recent incidents in the German Village area:
* A $700 mountain bike was stolen between midnight and 7 a.m. May 22 from a house in the 800 block of Bruck Street. The victim stated someone gained access to her garage and took the bicycle.
* An attempt to steal money was foiled by an employee of a business in the 500 block of South Third Street.
About 9 p.m. May 22, a supervisor for the business told police he witnessed a cleaning person was "fishing" money out of a floor safe with a spatula wrapped with tape.
The supervisor was able to recover the money from the suspect, according to police reports. He then told the owner of the business about the incident.
The business canceled the contract with the cleaning company and changed its alarm codes. The cleaning company's employees were also banned from the store. No one was arrested in the incident, according to police reports.
* A $100 garage door opener and $500 sunglasses were stolen around 1:29 a.m. May 24 from a vehicle parked in the 700 block of South Fifth Street.
* A $500 cell phone was stolen about 10:30 a.m. May 28 in the 300 block of East Livingston Avenue.
* A Honda Civic was stolen from the 1000 block of City Park Avenue. The victim reported the theft at 2:34 p.m. May 22. The report listed the value of the vehicle at $1.
* A burglary was reported to have occurred at 1:10 p.m. May 26 at a residence in the 300 block of East Stewart Avenue.
The victim told police three men forced their way into the residence through the front door, but they didn't take anything.