Tri-Village News

Grandview police reports

* A cellphone that had been reported stolen from the locker room at Fisher Catholic High School during a football game was located Oct. 13 using its GPS tracking device, which led police to a residence in the 1100 block of Northwest Boulevard.

A resident at the home turned the phone over to Grandview Heights police officers and reported his brother had observed two males coming out of the locker room in possession of the phone. The resident said his brother picked the phone up after the males dropped it, brought it home and gave it to him. The resident told police he had been trying to contact the victim to return the phone.

Officers returned the phone, valued at $500, to the victim. No charges were filed against either of the Northwest Boulevard residents.

* A man reported Oct. 15 that two MP3 players, several compact discs and $3 in change were stolen from his car while it was parked in the 900 block of Timberman Road. Total loss was estimated at $323.

* At about 7:24 a.m. Oct. 10, police officers assisted the Franklin County Sheriff's Department's SWAT team in executing a search warrant at a residence in the 900 block of Palmer Road. The warrant was obtained by the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. A male resident at the home was arrested and charged with pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor. He was taken to the Franklin County jail.

* A man reported a case of identity theft Oct. 3. He said wire and copper had been purchased several times at Loeb Electric, 915 Williams Ave., using his name without his permission. The total value of the unauthorized purchases was about $10,000, reports said.

Just after 1 p.m. Oct. 4, officers received a report of a theft in progress at Loeb with a Columbus man identifying himself as another man purchasing several rolls of wire on an account for which he had no legal authority. Officers observed the man with the wire and arrested him. He reportedly admitted to the offense and was charged with theft. He was taken to the Franklin County jail.