* A resident of the 1300 block of Lincoln Road reported Oct. 22 to Grandview Heights police that her Obama political sign was removed from her yard and a Romney sign was put in its place.
* Officers were called at 4:45 a.m. Oct. 18 to a residence in the 1000 block of Parkway Drive. The resident reported she observed two people taking the wooden ladder she keeps outside her detached garage. Officers searched the area and found the ladder leaning against the rear of a nearby residence. The ladder led up to a second-floor window, reports said. Officers made contact with the neighbor, who said her purse, containing her house keys, wallet and cellphone, had been stolen earlier that evening from a bar in downtown Columbus. She said she borrowed the ladder so she could gain entrance to her home. She also reported a television and laptop computer were missing from her living room.
* While on routine patrol about 2:20 a.m. Oct. 18, an officer found a man's suit, tie and belt in the middle of the street in the 1200 block of Cambridge Boulevard. The officer checked the area for vehicles that may have been broken into but found none, reports said. The clothing was placed in the police department's property room.
* Construction workers at a site in the 1100 block of Dublin Road reported Oct. 22 they found several items in a Dumpster at the site. The items included two bicycles, three children's golf bags, golf clubs and a lacrosse stick. The items appeared to be in good condition, which made the construction workers think they may have been taken in a recent theft, reports said. The items were placed in the police department's property room for safekeeping.
* A resident of the 1100 block of Virginia Avenue reported Oct. 21 a number of tools and lawn equipment were stolen from his garage, which he had left open overnight. Total loss was estimated at $1,180.
* A resident of the 1200 block of Burr Avenue reported Oct. 20 her son's bicycle, valued at $250, was stolen from the front steps of their apartment.