Moment in time
One of the original homes on First Avenue in the 1920s, 1578 W. First Ave. was purchased by Mr C.L "Whitey" Deyo in 1941. He opened his business as Deyo Funeral Home and started a tradition of personal funeral service to the Tri-Village area. In 1959, Mr. Deyo was joined by Ivan L. Davis and the partnership of Deyo-Davis Funeral Home was formed. Mr. Davis is one of the oldest active licensed funeral directors and embalmers in the state of Ohio. After the death of Mr. Deyo in 1964, Mr. Davis took over the service to the community with the name remaining the same. Ivan was later joined by his son, Jeffery, who received his funeral director's license in 1980. With expansion to the original home on West First Avenue and added parking facilities, this partnership continues its tradition of personal service to the families of the Tri-Village area.