After meeting for seven years in the old fellowship hall of Boulevard Presbyterian Church, the Cliff Heights Seniors moved in to their new home at 1515 W. Goodale Blvd.
The new building, designed by architects Abbot and Abbot, opened Oct. 16, 1982, as the Grandview Heights Senior Center.
Their regular monthly potluck was held before the dedication ceremony for seniors only and had almost a full house.
The building, shown here as construction began, is owned by the city of Grandview Heights, which agreed to operate the facility for 20 years as a senior center; the inset shows Grandview seniors participating in the groundbreaking for the facility. The city received a HUD grant for $150,000 for community development.
With funding from the state of Ohio, the village of Marble Cliff, the city of Grandview, Northwest Kiwanis, Cliff Heights Senior Club and other private funds, the city of Grandview paid a little more than $360,000 for the building.
The offices for the Parks and Recreation Department are located on the east end of the building and the adjacency has been a big asset to the seniors for the 31 years the center has been in operation.
The building is now under the management of the parks department, and continues to operate not just for seniors but for the entire community, offering programs for all ages that speaks to the health, recreation and general welfare of the residents of Grandview Heights and the surrounding communities.