Tri-Village News

Police beat

Grandview: Police looking for pair who robbed local shop

Grandview Heights police are investigating a breaking and entering that took place at 4:30 a.m. May 15 at Second Chance Consignment Shop, 1803 W. Fifth Ave., reports said.

Officers were sent to the store on a report of a burglar alarm. They found a rear door apparently had been forced open and a cash drawer containing $1,000 was missing, according to reports.

Surveillance photographs show a silver four-door vehicle circling the area for several minutes before two occupants exit and walk toward the consignment shop. The vehicle may have paint damage to the trunk area, police said.

Anyone who can help identify the vehicle or its occupants is asked to call Grandview police at 614-488-7901.

In other recent Grandview Heights police reports:

* Jeremy S. McFarland, 32, of Palmer Road was arrested May 24 and charged with a felony count of domestic violence and a misdemeanor count of assault following an incident at his home. A woman reported McFarland had struck her in the right side with a closed fist and had earlier threatened to kill her. She was taken to the hospital. McFarland was arrested and placed in the back of a police cruiser, reports said. While being transported to the police department, he slammed his head into the plastic partition, causing several small lacerations, according to reports. He was treated by paramedics before being taken to the Franklin County jail.

* Two residents of the 800 block of Timberman Road reported their unlocked vehicles were entered overnight May 21 while parked at their homes. The first resident reported a battery booster pack, jumper cables, sunglasses, USB ports, a three-pack of body spray, miscellaneous clothing, a cigarette adapter and change were stolen from her car. The second resident reported about $5 in change was taken from his car.

* Officers responded May 22 to an anonymous report of drug sales at a Mulford Road residence. A consent search was conducted, and a syringe and burnt spoon were recovered, but no illegal drugs were found, according to reports. Officers confiscated the syringe and spoon.