A man fled after seeing a Grandview Heights police cruiser June 23.
While on patrol about 3 a.m. that day, an officer noticed the man walking south along Dublin Road, just south of West Fifth Avenue.
After seeing the police vehicle, the man jumped the guardrail and ran into the woods west of Dublin Road, reports said. The officer saw him lying down along the edge of the woods, and as the police cruiser again approached his location, the man jumped down the embankment toward the Scioto River, according to reports.
Officers set up a perimeter and searched the woods east of the Scioto River to try to find and check on the well-being of the man, but were not able to locate him.
A Columbus police helicopter was requested to help search for the man, but was unable to respond due to a call in Columbus, reports said.
In other recent Grandview Heights police reports:
* A resident in the 1400 block of West First Avenue reported June 20 a man has not returned a borrowed chain saw and tree trimmer. He said he also loaned a large amount of money to the man that has not been paid back. He said he last spoke to the man about a year ago. An investigation is pending.
* An employee of a business in the 2000 block of West Fifth Avenue reported a laptop computer was stolen June 17 from his vehicle while it was parked on the east side of the building.
* Two people who were walking June 20 in the area of Cambridge Boulevard and West Third Avenue reported a man came out from behind a tree and exposed himself to them. He followed the two westbound on Cardigan Avenue. They said they lost sight of him around the intersection of Arlington and Cardigan avenues.
* A resident of the 800 block of McClain Road reported the driver's side windsheild on her car was struck with an unknown object, causing the corner of the windshield to break. It was damaged between 12:30 and 7:40 a.m. June 17.
* A resident of the 800 block of Woodhill Drive reported that, between 11 p.m. June 16 and 8 a.m. June 17, the rear window of her apartment was damaged. It appeared someone tried to force the window open, causing damage to the window and its frame, according to reports.