Tri-Village News

Police beat

Grandview: Three businesses report break-ins

Grandview Heights police responded to three recent reports of break-ins at area businesses, one of which resulted in the arrests of two men.

Corey S. Baldwin, 40, and Charlie T. Haddock, 31, both listed as being homeless, were arrested Aug. 26 and charged with felony counts of breaking and entering after being found on the lot of a business in the 700 block of West Goodale Boulevard with several bags filled with copper wire, reports said.

Officers had responded about 11:55 p.m. to the business on a report of a breaking and entering in progress.

Active felony warrants had been issued for both Baldwin and Haddock.

The copper wire was returned to the business.

Earlier the same day, the owner of a business in the 1200 block of Grandview Avenue reported that between 8 a.m. Aug. 24 and 11 a.m. Aug. 26, computer equipment and cash were stolen from his business. There was no sign of forced entry.

The owner of a business in the 1100 block of West First Avenue reported Aug. 29 that an attempt was made to break into his business overnight. The lock and frame of the rear door were damaged, but no entry was made, reports said.

In other recent Grandview police reports:

* Nichole Marie Morgan, 46, of Bocastle Court in Reynoldsburg, was arrested Aug. 28 and charged with a felony count of receiving stolen property after the car she was driving was discovered to be stolen, according to reports.

An officer noticed the car pulled over on the side the road on Urlin Avenue at Dublin Road. A check of the vehicle confirmed it was stolen. Morgan then made a U-turn and pulled onto northbound Dublin Road. The officer stopped the vehicle and arrested her without incident. She was taken to the Franklin County jail.

* A resident of the 1100 block of Mulford Road reported Aug. 30 a relative borrowed his car and had not returned it. He said the relative and the vehicle might be in the area of Grandview Heights High School. The area was checked but the vehicle and the man were not found. The victim said he would continue to try to contact the relative before filing charges.