Grandview Heights police arrested a taxicab passenger Nov. 24 after the driver reported the man pointed a rifle at him.
Matthew C. Klips, 26, of West Alexandria was charged with a felony count of aggravated robbery.
The cab driver told police he drove Klips to the 800 block of Timberman Road, where he exited the cab without paying. The driver said when he confronted Klips about paying his fare, Klips took a rifle from his truck and pointed it at him.
When officers arrived, they spotted Klips walking in the area of Timberman Road and Burr Avenue carrying a scoped rifle, reports said. He was arrested and taken to the Franklin County jail.
In other recent Grandview police reports:
* Wayne Douglas White, 48, of Follansbee, W.V., was arrested Nov. 21 and charged with a felony count of possession of drugs after police stopped his car at Northwest Boulevard and Virginia Avenue for weaving out of his lane. White told police he had a small amount of marijuana in the car, and officers recovered it from a bag next to the driver's seat. The bag also contained three Oxycodone pills and a straw containing a powder residue, reports said. White was taken to the Franklin County jail, where he was issued a summons.
* Adam D. Kaplin, 48, of Urlin Avenue was arrested Nov. 21 and charged with a felony count of possession of drugs after officers stopped his car on West Goodale Boulevard near Urlin because his car's tinted windows prevented the interior of the vehicle from being seen. Kaplin consented to a search of his car and officers found a glass pipe containing white residue, according to reports. When officers searched Kaplin's person, they found another pipe and a small plastic bag containing what tests indicated was two grams of methamphetamine, reports said. Kaplin was taken to the Franklin County jail.
* A resident of the 800 block of Oxley Road reported Nov. 25 a birdbath was stolen from his backyard.
* A man reported Nov. 24 his paint sprayer was stolen from a house in the 1300 block of Ashland Avenue, where he has been working.
* Officers responded Dec. 1 to a business in the 800 block of Grandview Avenue on a report of an attempt to break into a vehicle. The driver's-side window of the vehicle was broken, but nothing was taken, reports said.