On July 18, a resident of the 3500 block of Sunshine Park Place found two men in the front seat of his vehicle parked in the driveway after a portable motion alarm went off ...
* On July 18, a resident of the 3500 block of Sunshine Park Place found two men in the front seat of his vehicle parked in the driveway after a portable motion alarm went off. The two men fled the scene, but Grove City police were able to arrest one of the suspects, a 20-year-old Columbus man, for theft, possession of criminal tools and fleeing police. He was found to be in possession of stolen tools, a GPS unit, baseball hat and backpack, reports said.
* Police responded July 19 to reports of a suspicious individual taking photographs of a family at the playground at Monterey Elementary School, 2584 Dennis Lane. The man left prior to police arrival, reports said.
* Someone broke through a window of a vehicle parked in the 4100 block of Buckeye Parkway sometime between 6:45 and 7:10 p.m. July 19 and stole a laptop computer, computer bag and mobile phone card, according to reports. The total loss, in damage to the vehicle and missing items, was estimated at $2,200.
* A juvenile was arrested July 20 for theft and falsification after reportedly attempting to steal three hunting knives from a business in the 2400 block of Stringtown Road. He also was reported to have lied to police about his name to avoid going home. He was released into his mother's custody.
* At 5:54 p.m. July 19, two suspects attempted to use a counterfeit bill at a business in the 1900 block of Stringtown Road. The bill was confiscated, but the suspects paid with other bills and left prior to police arrival, reports said.
* Police found a baggie containing heroin in the pocket of a 20-year-old Columbus man shortly after 2 a.m. July 21 during a traffic stop in the 2000 block of Stringtown Road. The man was arrested and also was found to be intoxicated, reports said.
* A total of $550 in cash and a $220 cellphone were among the items stolen after a purse belonging to a Columbus woman was snatched from a shopping cart while she was at a business in the 4000 block of McDowell Road between 9 and 9:30 p.m. July 20, according to reports.
* Around 10:20 p.m. July 20, a 22-year-old Circleville woman was issued a mayor's court summons for possession of drug paraphernalia after officers found a multicolored glass pipe with marijuana residue on it in the glove compartment of her vehicle during a traffic stop in the 4100 block of Maple Grove Drive, reports said.
* A resident of the 2600 block of Queensway Drive reported more than $1,300 in unauthorized charges on his bank statement between July 18 and 19. He had the month prior received a new bank card after losing the previous one, he told police.