Grove City police reports
* Grove City Police are investigating a case of aggravated arson at a residence in the 3800 block of Santa Maria Drive at 6:33 p.m. Aug. 7. According to police reports, the resident heard a loud popping sound followed by the sound of unknown objects striking her house. When she saw people gathering nearby, she went outside, and they told her house was on fire.
* A burglary was reported between 7:30 a.m. and 5:06 p.m. Aug. 7, when a resident of the 1400 block of Borror Road came home to find a big screen television missing and a 2x4 on a couch and called the police. A search of the house found that along with the TV, a guitar, a game system, a computer and some jewelry were taken. The total value in loss and damage was more than $7,300.
* A diamond ring valued at $4,200 was reported stolen between 7 p.m. Aug. 8 and 7:01 p.m. Aug. 9 from a residence in the 2200 block of Presley Drive. In addition, $200 worth of damage was reported to a basement window.
* On Aug. 8, a 44-year-old male resident of the 2700 block of Independence Way was arrested for domestic violence and assault after he was reported to have punched out a window screen, grabbed a woman by the throat and thrown her across a concrete patio.
* About 3:40 a.m. Aug. 9, a 39-year-old male resident of the 2100 block of Near Drive was arrested for domestic violence, assault and disorderly conduct after he was reported to have slapped his girlfriend and choked her during an argument. While being questioned by police, he reportedly became loud and would not allow officers to ask questions without interruption even after being told to remain quiet
* Nearly $700 worth of property was reported vandalized between noon Aug. 7 and 6:20 a.m. Aug. 8 at the athletic fields of Grove City High School, 4665 Hoover Road. Downspouts near the softball field had been pulled down, paint applied to the football concession stand, three pieces of football equipment damaged and at least three coffee pots broken.
* Several mailboxes were reported damaged between 10 p.m. Aug. 6 and 7 a.m. Aug. 7: two in the 3100 block of Weeping Spruce Drive, two in the 3900 block of Nordman Fir Drive and three in the 4300 block of Archway Court.
* Between 5:30 p.m. Aug. 6 and 7 a.m. Aug .7, a mailbox in the 5700 block of Coneflower Drive was reported vandalized.
Another mailbox in the 5200 block of Meadow Grove Drive was also reported damaged about the same time. The resident reported this was the second recent incident of vandalism to her mailbox.
* On Aug. 7, the owner of totaled motorcycle reported the vehicle stolen sometime on July 30, after he had left it in his driveway in the 2500 block of Swan Drive for his insurance company to pick up. The value of the motorcycle was $4,428.
* About $300 worth of damage was reported between 6:30 p.m. Aug. 6 and 11:08 a.m. Aug. 7 to the passenger-side window of a vehicle parked in the 3200 block of Castleton Street.
* Between 2 and 8:45 a.m. Aug. 8, a wallet was reported stolen from a vehicle parked in a driveway in the 2400 block of Woodlawn Avenue. The owner reported more than $200 in unauthorized charges on the debit card at various locations.
* A 16-inch, orange-and-black boy's bicycle was reported stolen from the 3500 block of Lake Louise Drive between 8:45 and 9 p.m. Aug. 6.
* A woman reported her wallet stolen from her purse while it was in a shopping cart at a business on the 1600 block of Stringtown Road between noon and 1:45 p.m. Aug. 7. She also reported her debit has been used subsequently to make more than $56 worth of unauthorized purchases.