Grove City police reports
* According to Grove City Police reports, an arson was reported between 5 p.m. Sept. 21 and 7 a.m. Sept. 22 at the Grove City High School football field, 4665 Hoover Road. Someone lit a fire in a garbage can near an opening to the stadium and burned a trash bag near the center of the field, resulting in damage to the sod, reports said. The downspout of the concession stand also was detached, and the outside faucet had been turned on.
* Following an incident that occurred between 3:45 and 4:10 a.m. Sept. 23, a 37-year-old male resident of the 3000 block of Acorn Court was arrested for domestic violence and assault after he was reported to have choked someone lying in bed and punched her in the back of the head.
*At 5:33 p.m. Sept. 22, a 33-year-old man who lives in the 3900 block of Leithart Drive was arrested for domestic violence and assault after he reportedly slapped his wife, shoved her into a wall and punched her in the arm.
* A burglary was reported between 5:30 and 9 p.m. Sept. 23 at a residence in the 4100 block of Maplegrove Drive. The resident came home and found the rear door ajar and $200 to $300 in a bank deposit slip missing.
* About $440 worth of items, including drill bits and an iPod, were reported stolen between 6 and 6:30 p.m. Sept. 22 from a vehicle parked in the 4100 block of Buckeye Parkway.
* Between Sept. 2 and 23, a gold chain, watch, rings and assorted coat pins were reported stolen from a residence in the 2800 block of Southwest Boulevard. No value of the jewelry was listed.
* A video-game system, accessories and games were reported stolen during a burglary between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sept. 21 at a residence on the 3300 block of Gateway Lakes Drive. Police found drug paraphernalia, including syringes, during an investigation.
* At 4:45 p.m. Sept. 23, police responded to reports of a juvenile in the 3400 block of Demorest Road firing a BB gun into the street. After talking to the juvenile, the officers were dispatched back to the address at 5:01 p.m. on another report of the suspect firing the BB gun into the street and arrested him for firing in a manner that endangered people or property.
* Officers were dispatched at 5:20 p.m. Sept. 23 to a business on the 1600 block of Stringtown Road on reports of a theft in progress. The business's loss-prevention officer chased the suspect after the suspect was seen placing a cart filled with DVDs and a black jacket near a rear gate and then driving his vehicle around to the back of the building and attempting to take the items. An officer arrested the suspect, a 34-year-old Prospect man, shortly after arriving on scene.
* Between Sept. 19 and 20, a resident of the 3100 block of Lot Drive reported someone had accessed his bank account to make five unauthorized transactions totaling $335.60.