Grove City police reports
* On Oct. 6, officers arrested and charged a 24-year-old resident of the 4600 block of Lombardo Street with domestic violence and assault after he was reported to have attacked his stepfather and threatened to kill him, Grove City police reports said.
* A juvenile was charged with assault and disorderly conduct at 7:20 a.m. on Oct. 1, when he reportedly attacked another student near the main entrance of Grove City High School, 4665 Hoover Road, after being told the other student insulted his sister. Later, brother and sister were reported to have gotten into a heated argument that escalated when she took a swing at him and he responded. She too was charged with disorderly conduct.
* Officers responded to reports of a fight in progress around 11:30 a.m. on Oct. 3, at the school courtyard of Grove City High School. Two students were charged with disorderly conduct. One of the students was also charged with aggravated menacing after he refused to calm down, continued to make threats and tried to run away to find him while in custody. He was arrested, taken to police headquarters and released to his mother.
* Between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Oct. 2, according to reports, a special needs student at Grove City High School, was arrested and charged with assault and domestic violence after he reportedly punched a teacher in the chest and arm. The student's parents were summoned to the school, and he was detained in an administrator's office, where he is also reported to have lashed out at the teacher's aide and school resource officer as they tried to detain him and began tearing posters off the wall and throwing items. Eventually, he was handcuffed but still tried to kick his father when he arrived.
* At 3 p.m. Oct. 2, a special needs student at Brookpark Middle School, 2803 Southwest Boulevard, reportedly assaulted a teacher and was detained in the office. Police found unknown pills in the student's pockets. School staff told police the student is on prescription medication but could not provide information on the type of prescription, and neither could the student's grandmother, when she was called to the school. The student was released to her grandmother, and the pills were confiscated by police.
* Between October 2011 and Oct. 4, 2012 three vacant properties in the 3200 block of Hoover Road were broken into, and copper pipes were stolen from each of them.
* A shoplifting incident turned into robbery wat 1:25 p.m. Oct. 4, at a business in the 1600 block of Stringtown Road. The suspect, described as a white male in his 30s with dark hair and standing about 6-feet-tall, reportedly stuffed several items into his pants and tried to leave, at which time he was stopped by a loss-prevention officer. The two wrestled, and in the scuffle, the suspect lost his sweatshirt and flip-flops before fleeing to a vehicle outside.
* On Oct. 5, a 24-year-old resident of the 3800 block of Santa Maria Drive was arrested for burglary and theft after he was reported to have stolen a laptop computer and shoes from another resident of the block and was seen inside her residence without permission.
* Between 7:45 p.m. Sept. 30 and 9 a.m. Oct. 1, a brick column at the end of the driveway of a church in the 3700 block of Grove City Road was broken off of its base, resulting in $750 worth of damage.
* About $1,200 worth of copper pipes were stolen in a breaking-and-entering between Sept. 29 and Oct. 3 at a vacant house in the 3800 block of Glenna Avenue.
* During that same time period, another breaking and entering was reported at another vacant property in the 5600 block of Meadow Grove Drive. Another $1,500 worth of copper pipes was stolen from that residence.
* Between 10 p.m. Oct. 6 and 1 p.m. Oct. 7, a vehicle parked in the 2700 block of Parlin Drive was broken into, and a stereo was stolen. Total loss was reported at $600.
* At 3:45 p.m. Oct. 3, a black tote bag containing about $340 worth of tools was stolen after it was left out next to a vehicle in the 4900 block of Winter Creek Drive. Witnesses reported seeing a white woman, 30-40 with blonde hair, take the bag.
* At 2:30 p.m. Oct. 1, a resident of the 5900 block of Aquamarine Drive came home to find a man trying to get into her garage. He is reported to have called out, "Come on, John," which led to another man running from the south side of the property before both men fled. Both suspects are described as white, 30-35 and between 5-5 and 5-9 tall.
* Between Sept. 20 and Oct. 1, a 1974, two-door Dodge vehicle was stolen during a burglary at a garage in the 3400 block of Stephen Street. The vehicle was valued at $12,000.
* A GPS unit, gas cap key and mailbox key, a total value of $300, were stolen between 9 p.m. Oct. 1 and 8 a.m. Oct. 2, from a vehicle parked in the 2900 block of Ashton Row West.
* An iPod and cord valued at $195, along with $10 cash, were reported stolen between 8:30 p.m. Oct. 2 and 6:45 a.m. Oct. 3, from a vehicle while it was parked in the 2600 block of Brunswick Drive.
* Between 8 and 10 p.m Oct. 3, a vehicle was broken into while it was parked on the 3500 block of Broadway, and a jacket and laptop computer were stolen. The loss and damage totalled $1,500.