Grove City Police
Out of town driver arrested after hit-skip incident
* A 32-year-old Middleburg Heights man was arrested for OVI and hit-skip after he was reported to have backed his vehicle into another, causing damage to both shortly after 1 a.m. Nov. 13 in the 4100 block of Marlane Drive, according to Grove City police reports.
* Between Nov. 4 and 12, nearly $5,000 worth of jewelry was reported stolen from a residence in the 2800 block of Ashton Row East.
* More than $2,100 worth of items were reported between 4 and 6:30 p.m. Nov. 12 in a burglary that occurred at a residence in the 2800 block of Sunset Maple North.
* Arrest warrants were issued for the ex-boyfriend of a Grove City juvenile after it was reported he assaulted her and violated a protection order at 5:39 p.m. Nov. 12 in a parking lot in the 4200 block of Buckeye Parkway. He was reported to have followed her there, taken her cellphone and blocked from entering a business there. To get past him, she kicked him, and he responded by throwing her down and pinning her to the ground by the neck, according to reports.
* A 27-year-old Grove City man was arrested for domestic violence and assault around 12:45 a.m. Nov. 14 in the 3400 block of Kingston Avenue after it was reported he punched a woman a number of times in the head and chest while driving.
* On Nov. 13, a resident of the 3300 block of Woodlawn Avenue reported an unauthorized charge to his debit card for a $480 purchase in Minnesota.
* A vehicle break-in was reported between 9:40 and 10:35 a.m. Nov. 12 in the 4200 block of Marlane Drive. Damage estimated at $100 was reported to the vehicle while an MP3 player and tablet computer, together valued at $1,050, were reported stolen.
Another vehicle was broken into between 1:48 and 2:53 p.m. Nov. 12 in the same block. A gym bag, miscellaneous clothing, two boxes of ammunition, a phone charger and compound bow were reported stolen. The loss exceeded $2,000, reports said.
* Between midnight and 11:30 a.m. Nov. 14, a vehicle parked in the 2300 block of Deerfield Drive was vandalized. Its radio antenna was broken and the valve stems on its tires were cut, reports said.
* Damage estimated at $400 was reported between 7 and 7:50 p.m. Nov. 13 to a vehicle parked in the 1500 block of Stringtown Road. In addition, a CD/DVD player and flashlight were stolen, together worth $680.
* Between 8:50 and 9:50 a.m. Nov. 13, a vehicle parked in the 1900 block of Stringtown Road was broken into, resulting in $200 worth of damage and the theft of a GPS unit, DVD player and jacket.
* Around $250 worth of perfume and shower gel was reported stolen between 4:15 and 4:30 p.m. Nov. 12 from a business in the 2100 block of Stringtown Road.
* A resident reported a friend stole his cellphone between 5:15 and 5:23 p.m. Nov. 12 in the 3800 block of Monterey Drive. According to reports, the resident had left the phone charging with his friend while he went to the bathroom, and when he came out, both were gone.
* Between Nov. 9 and 12, a concession stand in the 4500 block of Haughn Road was vandalized, resulting in $215 worth of damage. The lock had been damaged and gutters torn off. A nearby fence also was broken.