Grove City police arrested a 46-year-old Columbus woman and a 47-year-old Columbus man and charged both with possession of drug paraphernalia and drugs during a traffic stop shortly before 9 p.m. Dec. 24, in the 1200 block of Stringtown Road.
Grove City police arrested a 46-year-old Columbus woman and a 47-year-old Columbus man and charged both with possession of drug paraphernalia and drugs during a traffic stop shortly before 9 p.m. Dec. 24, in the 1200 block of Stringtown Road. During the traffic stop, officers observed two crack pipes, a bottle of black tar heroin and tools used for administering heroin, reports said.
In other recent Grove City police incident reports:
* Police responded to reports of a fight in progress between 3:34 and 3:49 p.m. in a parking lot in the 1900 block of Stringtown Road. According to reports, officers spoke with a man who said he got into a physical altercation with another, unknown man who during the fight pulled out a knife and aimed a rifle at him before driving off in a truck. The man told police he wrote down the truck's license plate number.
* Between 9 p.m. Dec. 25 and 11 a.m. Dec. 26, a vehicle parked in the 1800 block of Stringtown Road was broken into. A laptop computer and backpack were stolen. Loss was reported at $1,400, in addition to $400 worth of damage to a window.
* Three people -- a 44-year-old Ironton man, a 33-year-old man from Ashland, Ky., and a 34-year-old woman also from Ashland -- were arrested and charged with criminal trespassing, tampering with a coin machine and possession of criminal tools after police responded to reports of suspicious activity at 6:50 p.m. Dec. 26, in the 4100 block of Marlane Drive.
* Police arrested a 31-year-old Columbus man shortly before 5 a.m. Dec. 27, after the man was seen driving from a construction site in the 6100 block of South Meadows Drive with several large metal beams sticking out of his vehicle. The man told police he was scrapping and had taken metal that was lying on the ground. He was also found to have an expired driver's license and an active warrant from Westerville.
* At 1:10 a.m. Dec. 26, officers conducted a traffic stop of a vehicle near the intersection of Haughn Road and Ventura Boulevard for speeding. The driver was found to be in possession of a baggie of marijuana and a pipe. Both items were confiscated, and the driver was charged for possession as well as issued a Mayor's Court summons for speeding.
* Between 9 p.m. Dec. 23 and 7:15 p.m. Dec. 24, a vehicle parked in the 3900 block of Jackpot Road was broken into. An estimated $500 worth of damage was reported to a window while a camera and bag valued at $2,500 were stolen.
* Another vehicle parked in the 3900 block of Jackpot Road was reported broken into between 4 p.m. Dec. 24, and 7:47 a.m. Dec. 25. In addition to $400 worth of damage to a window, a full-size bed heat mattress pad valued at $75 and a 3-D puzzle valued at $30 were reported stolen.
* A purse, credit cards, jeans and shirt were reported stolen between 5 and 6:30 p.m. Dec. 23, from a locker in the 3600 block of Discovery Drive. The owner was unsure if the locker had been locked.
* At 9:25 a.m. Dec. 24, a brick wall on the west side of a football stadium building and bleachers in the 2800 block of Southwest Boulevard was spray painted. Damage is estimated at $200.
* The rear license plate of a vehicle was stolen between noon and 1:29 p.m. Dec. 24, in the 3700 block of Gateway Lakes Drive.
* A 41-year-old Grove City man was arrested for domestic violence at 1:06 p.m. Dec. 24 in the 4200 block of Kathryn Place. According to reports, he punched his two stepsons during an argument. One punched him back, and the suspect was taken to the hospital. He was arrested after being discharged.
* Between 1 p.m. Dec. 25 and 5 p.m. Dec. 26, a resident of the 400 block of Maryanne Place reported her brother stole her welfare card and withdrew the balance of $114.