A 28-year-old Grove City man is suspected of aggravated burglary, domestic violence and assault, Grove City police reported. Police said the man shortly after 3 a.m. Jan. 1 broke into the residence of the mother of his child in the 2800 block of Parlin Drive and struck her in the face and upper body with a fist. During the struggle, the woman's dog escaped its kennel and chased the suspect out, police reports said.
In other recent Grove City Police Department incident reports:
* Police responded to reports of multiple shots fired at 1 a.m. Jan. 1 in the 4000 block of Colonial Place. A 29-year-old Columbus man was subsequently arrested for using weapons while intoxicated and discharging firearms on or near prohibited premises. The man was also found to have an active warrant through Franklin County for a probation violation.
* Between 9 p.m. Dec. 31 and 10:30 a.m. Jan. 1, a vehicle parked in the 3900 block of Jackpot Road was broken into. Items valued at a combined $400 -- including a suitcase, clothes and computer game -- were reported stolen, and $200 worth of damage was reported to a window.
* Two other vehicles also were reported broken into between 1 and 10 a.m. Jan. 1 in the 3900 block of Jackpot Road. Two guitars, valued at a combined $1,000, were reported stolen from one of the vehicles. Nothing was reported missing from the other vehicle, but the combined damage between the two vehicles was reported at $400.
* About 1:50 a.m. Jan. 2, a 38-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence and assault for punching his wife in the mouth in the 700 block of Caffrey Court. He was arrested while driving on state Route 104 after officers identified his vehicle. He was also found to have failed to reinstate his driver's license.
* Shortly after 6:15 p.m. Jan. 1, a 38-year-old Columbus man was arrested for criminal damaging and possession of drug abuse instruments in the 3100 block of Broadway after police responded to reports of yelling. Police reported the man got into an argument with his mother and punched through a door of her residence. When questioned by police, he told them he was a heroin user, and he was found to be in possession of a used syringe.
* A motorist drove off without paying for $50 worth of gasoline at 8:15 p.m. Dec. 31 at a station in the 3500 block of Broadway. The suspect is believed to be the same person responsible for similar thefts at other gas stations in the community on Nov. 7, Nov. 18 and Dec. 30.
* At 1:25 p.m. on Dec. 31, a business in the 3500 block of Broadway reported a woman paid for a purchase using a fake $20 bill.
* A man reported that at 8 a.m. Jan. 3 in a parking lot in the 3200 block of Broadway, his girlfriend's cousin arrived in a vehicle to give him a ride, but instead drove off with his wallet, which contained $500.
* A laptop computer was stolen between Dec. 31 and Jan. 2 from a vehicle that was broken into in the 3800 block of Irwin Avenue.
* Between 5 p.m. Jan. 1 and 7:10 a.m. Jan. 2, the window of a vehicle parked in the 3000 block of Louise Avenue was reported vandalized, resulting in $250 worth of damage.
* A vehicle was vandalized between 10 a.m. and noon Jan. 1 while parked in the 3100 block of Barber Avenue. Cuts were carved into the vehicle, causing $1,000 worth of damage.
* At 7:50 p.m. Jan. 3, a business in the 1800 block of Stringtown Road reported a man, after paying for his purchases, asked to exchange two $5 rolls of dimes for two $5 bills. After giving the man the bills, an employee realized that each roll only had one dime at the end; the rest of the coins were pennies. The suspect had already left by then.
* Between 4 and 10:28 p.m. Jan. 5, a vehicle parked in the 1600 block of Stringtown Road was broken into, resulting in $600 worth of damage to a window. A laptop computer valued at $800 was stolen.