Grove City police officers arrested a 22-year-old Grove City man after finding him asleep at the wheel of his vehicle Jan. 10, in the area of Heritage Glen Drive.
Grove City police officers arrested a 22-year-old Grove City man after finding him asleep at the wheel of his vehicle Jan. 10, in the area of Heritage Glen Drive. According to police reports, he had a piece of paper on his lap with a pipe on top of it, and when awakened, he had white powder on his lips and nose. He also was found to be in possession of a bottle of pills later identified as oxycodone and lorazepam. He was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of controlled substances.
In other recent Grove City Police Department incident reports:
* Police were dispatched at 9:30 p.m. Jan. 10 to the 1600 block of Stringtown Road on reports of a purse snatcher possibly armed with a gun. En route, the officers were informed there was no gun, and the suspect had been subdued by a witness. According to reports, the suspect, a 20-year-old Groveport man, was seen taking a purse from the cart of a woman as she loaded a vehicle with her purchases. He ran off but was chased and tackled by a witness.
* A residence in the 3300 block of Willowood Place was burglarized between 5:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Jan. 8. The resident returned home from work to find the front door forced open and a laptop computer and video game system stolen.
* Between noon and 12:30 p.m. Jan. 9, a vehicle parked in the 1600 block of Stringtown Road was broken into, resulting in the theft of $1,000 worth of tools and $300 worth of damage to the vehicle.
* An additional $2,000 worth of tools were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle, also parked in the 1600 block of Stringtown Road, between 7 and 7:45 p.m. Jan. 9.
* Between 10 p.m. Jan. 9 and 6:30 a.m. Jan. 10 a vehicle parked in the 6000 block of Buckeye Parkway was broken into. About $660 worth of tools were stolen and $400 worth of damage was reported to the vehicle,
* Police arrested a 28-year-old Grove City man for domestic violence and assault after an incident at 1:40 a.m. Jan. 8 at a residence in the 3600 block of Grove City Road. According to reports, he hit his girlfriend during an argument and threw her to the ground, and when she tried to call 911, took her cellphone and removed the battery.
* A juvenile was arrested for an incident at 8:23 p.m. Jan. 8 in the 3600 block of Grant Avenue in which he is reported to have struck his father in the face and ribs with a closed fist and slammed his head on the concrete sidewalk when his father tried to stop him from leaving. The suspect was arrested at another residence.
* An assault was reported at 7:49 a.m. Jan. 7 at Grove City High School, 4665 Hoover Road. A student struck another student and has since been disciplined by the school and charged by police.
* Two juveniles were charged with disorderly conduct for fighting at 7:33 a.m. Jan. 8 at Central Crossing High School, 4500 Big Run South Road.
* Following an attempt at shoplifting, a 23-year-old Columbus woman was arrested at 1:30 p.m. Jan. 8 at a business in the 1700 block of Stringtown Road. Police said she tried to steal shoes and perfume by putting them in her purse.
* A 32-year-old Grove City woman was arrested and charged with theft at 6:37 p.m. Jan. 8, for trying to steal cosmetics from a business in the 2200 block of Stringtown Road.