An 18-year-old Grove City man was arrested and charged with negligent assault, using a weapon while intoxicated and accidental shooting after an incident at 5:58 p.m. Jan. 22, in which he accidentally shot a 17-year-old in the back in the 3300 block of Cameron Street. The victim was alert and conscious when police arrived and taken to the hospital, police reports said.
In other recent Grove City Division of Police incident reports:
* A 42-year-old Grove City man was arrested and charged with domestic violence, assault, driving while intoxicated and using a weapon while intoxicated after an incident at 2:43 a.m. Jan. 20, in the 3600 block of Gateway Lakes Drive. Reports said the man and his girlfriend were arguing in a vehicle when he struck her in the face and drove away. He was found after a traffic stop in the area of Jackpot Road in which it was found he had a gun in the glove box, and he performed poorly on a field sobriety test.
* No charges were filed, but following a road rage incident in the 5900 block of Hoover Road at 9:15 p.m. Jan. 20, two men fought, resulting in injuries to both of them. The man determined to be the aggressor ended up unconscious and was taken to the hospital.
* A burglary was reported between 5:20 and 8:30 p.m. Jan. 22 at a residence in the 3400 block of Richard Avenue when someone threw a piece of concrete through a back window and stole two video game consoles and a plastic trash can, a total value of $625.
* Between 11:30 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. Jan. 24, a residence in the 2700 block of Walden Bluff Court was burglarized. Someone forced open a window and stole more than $1,000 worth of items including a video game system, jewelry and digital camera.
* Between 7 and 11 p.m. Jan. 20, a vehicle was reported stolen from the 2100 block of Gingerwood Court. The keys had been in the ignition, according to reports. The vehicle was later recovered in Orient at a scene where two suspects were seen fleeing in a criminal trespass incident.
* A 2004 silver Mercury Mountaineer SUV was reported stolen between 11:30 p.m. Jan. 20 and 5:15 a.m. Jan. 21 from the 4200 block of Mary Jane Place. According to reports, the vehicle was left unlocked with the keys in the center console.
* Between 7:30 and 8:30 p.m. Jan. 22 in the 1600 block of Stringtown Road, a vehicle was broken into, and a purse was stolen.
* A laptop computer and briefcase were reported stolen after a vehicle was broken into between 6:50 and 8 p.m. Jan. 24 in the 1500 block of Stringtown Road.
* Another vehicle was reported broken into between 10:30 p.m. Jan. 23 and 8:45 a.m. Jan. 24, while it was parked in the 2400 block of Royal Meadows Lane. A case of CDs was stolen.
* Between 5 p.m. Jan. 25 and 10:30 a.m. Jan. 26, a mailbox in the 2100 block of Shirlene Drive was reported vandalized, resulting in $100 worth of damage.
* A vehicle was broken into between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. Jan. 26 while parked in the 4200 of Marlane Drive. A bag of dog food, tennis shoes and black boots were reported stolen.
* A 19-year-old student was found to be in possession of marijuana at 9:32 a.m. Jan. 22, at Central Crossing High School, 4500 Big Run South Road. When questioned, he admitted to smoking some while on the way to school.