Police beat Handgun reported stolen from vehicle
Between Jan. 24 and 29, a Glock 17 handgun was reported stolen from a vehicle belonging to a resident of the 2100 block of Mayflower Circle, Grove City police reported. The driver door lock on the vehicle is broken, and the door is sometimes unlocked, reports said.
In other recent Grove City Division of Police incident reports:
* Between midnight Jan. 31 and 9 a.m. Feb. 1, someone used the credit card number of a resident of the 5900 block of Applause Ash Avenue to make purchases totaling $556 at a Pennsylvania gas station and two online stores.
* At 5:50 a.m. Jan. 31, a generator valued at $1,500 was reported stolen from the bed of a company truck parked in the 4000 block of Jackpot Road.
* Domestic violence and assault charges were filed against a 29-year-old Chillicothe man after he reportedly hit and choked his girlfriend around 5 a.m. Feb. 3, in the 5800 block of Platinum Drive. He left the scene prior to police arrival.
* Police responded to reports of a fight between 1:30 and 1:45 a.m. Feb. 1, in the 2200 block of Stringtown Road. Two women were reported to be fighting following an argument, with one hitting the other's head on concrete. One of the woman was taken to the hospital but no charges were been filed.
* Responding to reports of a loud party shortly before 1 a.m. Feb. 3 in the 3300 block of Parlin Place South, police issued summons to a 20-year-old Mansfield woman and a 19-year-old Orient man for underage possession of alcohol. The woman also was cited for an open container violation.
* An 18-year-old Grove City man was arrested for possession of marijuana at 12:10 a.m. Jan. 29, after police responded to a loud music complaint in the 2700 block of Walden Bluff Court and detected a strong odor of marijuana in the residence. Two other men also were arrested when found to have active arrest warrants.
* During a traffic stop at 12:14 a.m. Feb. 1 on Parkway Centre Drive, a 19-year-old Grove City woman was issued a summons for drug abuse and possession of drug paraphernalia when a glass pipe with burnt marijuana residue was found in her purse.
* Officers responded to reports of juveniles throwing rocks at a light pole at 10:53 p.m. Feb. 1, in the 5500 block of Forest Glen Drive. Upon police arrival, two youths ages 12-15 fled but could not located.
* Sometime between 8:10 and 10 a.m. Feb. 4, a vehicle drove into a mailbox in the 4100 block of Basswood Avenue, breaking the post and tearing up the yard.