GCHS students clash in bathroom at high school
Between 10:50 and 11:10 a.m. Feb. 4, a juvenile assaulted another student in a bathroom at Grove City High School, 4665 Hoover Road, Grove City police reported.
The assault reportedly was in retaliation for an incident at a school talent show, where the victim reported the suspect had entered without a ticket, and the suspect was subsequently removed.
In other recent Grove City Police Department incident reports:
* A 21-year-old Columbus woman was arrested for possession of drugs and marijuana shortly after 4 a.m. Feb. 6, during a traffic stop near the intersection of Hoover Road and Gershwin Avenue. She was found to have a wrapper containing marijuana and a strip of a narcotic medication in her purse.
* About 6 p.m. Feb. 5, a staff member at the Buckeye Ranch, 5665 Hoover Road, was reported assaulted by a juvenile resident while trying to keep the suspect from attacking another resident. The suspect was arrested.
* An unknown object was used to scratch a vehicle between 5:30 and 6:13 p.m. Feb. 5, while it was parked in the 3400 block of Richard Avenue. After the report was taken and the responding officer left, the owner reported someone had thrown eggs at the windshield and shot the vehicle with paint balls.
* During a vehicle stop at 11:55 p.m. Feb. 4, near the intersection of Broadway and Home Road, a 21-year-old Grove City woman was issued a summons for being in possession of a glass marijuana pipe and empty pill bottle with residue of the drug in it.
* A purse was reported stolen at 8:15 a.m. Feb. 4 from a vehicle parked in the 1200 block of Lamplighter Drive. The vehicle was new, and the owner incorrectly thought the doors could lock with the engine running.
* More than $350 worth of Toshiba hard drives were reported stolen Feb. 5, from a business in the 1600 block of Stringtown Road. A suspect is described as a white woman in her late 20s with blonde hair, 5-foot-5 tall, about 155 pounds and wearing jeans, pink shirt, navy blue jacket and white hair band.
* A BB gun was used to shoot out a window at 11:15 a.m. Feb. 6 at a residence in the 6500 block of Portage Path Court, causing $300 worth of damage.
* At 11 p.m. Feb. 5, a resident of the 3600 block of Christopher Place reported an unauthorized $75 charge on her credit card at a local business.