Man with knife steals cash, lottery tickets
A knife-wielding man held up the Duchess Shoppe, 2487 Stringtown Road, at 2:01 a.m. Feb. 11, Grove City police reported. He made off with $95 from the cash register and a number of winning lottery tickets, which he stuffed in a gray or blue pillow case.
Police reports described the robber as a white man in his mid-20s. He was wearing a gray zip-up jacket, blue jeans, dark-colored shoes, sunglasses, worker gloves and something on his face when he entered the business and held two people at knifepoint, reports said.
In other recent Grove City Division of Police incident reports:
* Franklin County Children Services was notified and charges were filed against a 23-year-old Grove City woman after it was reported at 6 p.m. Feb. 10 in the 1300 block of Gateway Lakes Drive that she hit her son in the face and spanked him with a belt for wetting his pants. Reports stated there were visible bruises and scratches on his face and body, along with traces of dried blood.
* Someone used a counterfeit $20 bill to make a purchase between Feb. 11 and 12 at a business in the 4000 block of Broadway.
* A vehicle parked in the 3300 block of Grovepark Drive was broken into between 11 p.m. Feb. 10 and 7 a.m. Feb. 19. More than $3,400 worth of tools were reported stolen. Damage to the vehicle is estimated to be $200.
* A 30-year-old Grove City man was arrested for shoplifting at 5:40 p.m. Feb. 12 at a business in the 1600 block of Stringtown Road. A store loss-prevention officer saw him try to leave with DVDs and cigarette lighters and stopped him outside.
* At 9:30 p.m. Feb. 14, a 17-year old Columbus female was arrested for shoplifting at a business in the 1600 block of Stringtown Road after attempting to steal clothing, jewelry, headphones and other items in a large purse.
* During a traffic stop at 4:02 p.m. Feb. 12, near the intersection of Southwest Boulevard and Brown Run Road, a 35-year-old Reynoldsburg man was issued a Mayor's Court summons for driving with a suspended license and an open container of alcohol.
* While searching student bookbags for a cellphone reported stolen at 11 a.m. Feb. 13, the school resource officer of Grove City High School, 4665 Hoover Road, found a prescription bottle filled with marijuana and a glass pipe. A female student was charged.
* Charges were filed against a female juvenile shortly before 11 a.m. Feb. 11 at Buckeye Ranch, 5665 Hoover Road, after it was reported she attacked another juvenile in the lunch room.
* A 17-year-old Grove City male was arrested and released to his father on the scene at 5 p.m. Feb. 12 in the 2600 block of Bryan Circle after police responded to reports of someone smoking marijuana in a vehicle. Officers found the suspect in his vehicle with a bag of marijuana and a glass pipe on his lap.