Man's jaw broken; suspect sought for assault
Grove City police are investigating a felonious assault that sent a man to the hospital with a broken jaw at 10:30 a.m. Feb. 17, in the 2700 block of Walden Bluff Court.
The suspect reportedly woke the victim telling him he needed to talk to him but ended up punching him in the face and leaving after only a few words. The victim's jaw was broken in two places and was wired closed by medical personnel treating the injury. No further information about the suspect was immediately available.
In other recent Grove City Division of Police incident reports:
* A juvenile student at Grove City High School was taken to an urgent care facility after being stabbed with a pencil during an altercation at 2:45 p.m. Feb. 19, at the school, 4665 Hoover Road. According to reports, he and another student were messing around with a "weird classmate," and when he made like he was going to punch the classmate, the classmate turned toward him and punched him in the cheek while holding a pencil. The pencil punctured the cheek and cut the gum line. At this time, no charges have been filed.
* Between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Feb. 19, an iPod and headphones valued at $750 and belonging to a student at Grove City High School was reported stolen from his backpack at the school.
* About 3:10 p.m. Feb. 20, a resident of the 4200 block of Farr Court found her home health aide going through her jewelry box in her bedroom. The aide told her, according to reports, she was looking for birthday present ideas, but later, the resident found a pair of gold earings valued at $150 was missing. The suspect was gone prior to police arrival, and the resident has no contact phone number, but the aide is contracted through the Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
* Police issued a summons to a 52-year-old Jefferson man for aggravated menacing after an incident at 2:40 p.m. Feb. 21, in which he reportedly threatened to return to a business in the 1700 block of Stringtown Road with a gun if he didn't receive a refund within a promised time.
* Two Grove City men, ages 22 and 26, were issued Mayor's Court summonses for criminal damaging after it was reported the two of them broke windows and brake lights on each other's vehicles while arguing at 10:39 p.m. Feb. 20, in a parking lot in the 1900 block of Stringtown Road. Both men had cuts on their hands.
* Between Feb. 15 and 22, a vehicle parked in the 3300 block of Broadway was broken into, and its stereo was stolen.
* A 42-year-old Grove City man was arrested for domestic violence, assault and theft after it was reported at 11 p.m. Feb. 17, in the 3400 block of Park Street, he grabbed the mother of his child, held her to the floor and stole $260 from her during an argument.
* Between 11:30 p.m. Feb. 18 and 11:30 p.m. Feb. 19, a $299 handgun was stolen from a residence in the 4100 block of Franklin Street. The owner reported a suspect, a 22-year-old Columbus man, told him he sold it for $100.
* Responding to a suspicious vehicle complaint about 8:10 p.m. Feb. 18 in the 3200 block of Devin Road, police found two 18-year-old Grove City men and a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside their vehicle. The driver was issued a Mayor's Court summons for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia when a glass pipe, bag and rolling papers were found. The passenger was issued a summons for drug abuse.
* Officers responded to reports of a suspicious vehicle at 10:13 p.m. Feb. 19, in the 2500 block of London Groveport Road and found a 20-year-old Orient man. The man was issued a Mayor's Court summons when found to have marijuana and arrested when officers discovered he had an active warrant on an old speeding charge.
* An 18-year-old Orient resident and student at South-Western Career Academy was charged after he was seen on a security camera trying to break into the trunk of a vehicle at 12:50 p.m. Feb. 15, at the school, 4750 Big Run South Road.