Grove City police responded to reports of disorderly conduct at 7:30 p.m. March 8, at Star Cinemas, 2384 Stringtown Road, when a suspect, described as a black man in a red and white coat, entered the theater without paying and began running in and out of screening rooms screaming that he was on heroin and yelling obscenities. He fled in a red Chevrolet Cavalier when told police were on their way. No damage or assault was reported.
In other recent Grove City Division of Police incident reports:
* Between 7:45 and 8:15 p.m., March 4, two vehicles parked in the 1800 block of Stringtown Road were broken into, resulting in $400 worth of damages. A purse was stolen from one of the vehicles. Nothing was reported missing from the other.
* A vehicle was vandalized while parked between 6 and 7 p.m. March 8, in the 1500 block of Stringtown Road. A blunt object was used to punch out a door lock, resulting in $250 worth of damage.
* Warrants for felonious assault and domestic violence were issued for an incident at 6 p.m. March 9 in the 2500 block of Sonora Drive, against resident Ray A. Terry, 45, after it was reported he assaulted his girlfriend. The two had reportedly broken up early in the week, and he left with her debit card and car, emptying $4,000 from her account, reports said. When he returned, they got into an argument, and he chased her, pulled her hair, punched her in the stomach and leg and choked her with a cord until she lost consciousness. When she woke up, he was gone.
* At 3:34 p.m. March 4, a 20-year-old resident of the 3300 block of Kingston Avenue was arrested and charged for assault after it was reported he instigated a fight by punching a Hilliard man in the head. According to reports, the Hilliard man had gone to the residence to collect two bags of clothes from when he and his girlfriend had previously stayed at the residence, and the suspect accused him of taking items that didn't belong to him.
* At 2:50 p.m. March 5, a student at Buckeye Ranch, 5665 Hoover Road, assaulted a staff member, punching him in the eye and cheek, and was arrested. According to reports, three staff members were trying to get the student to leave an area, but he refused and had to be physically removed.
* A cellphone valued at $400 was reported stolen from a student's book bag during gym class at 11 a.m. March 7 at Grove City High School, 4665 Hoover Road. Police tracked the phone's GPS locator to a location in the city before the signal was disconnected.
* At 1:33 a.m. March 9, a 20-year-old Grove City man was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop near Hoover Road and Southwest Boulevard when police found two pipes, rolling paper and a grinder with marijuana residue on them.
* A 48-year-old Grove City woman was issued a Mayor's Court summons by police after it was reported she assaulted a friend she had let stay at her residence at 5:10 a.m. March. 6 in the 2200 block of Suffolk Lane. According to reports, the friend, along with a man she met at nearby bar, were given blankets to sleep on the couch to stay the night, but later, the suspect yelled at them to leave and attacked her friend with fists, scratching her face. The suspect told police the two were playing loud music and making a lot of noise, and when she found her friend naked on the couch with the man, she told them to leave. She said no assault occurred.
* Two Central Crossing High School students were charged with disorderly conduct for fighting at 7:40 a.m. March 5 at the school, 4500 Big Run South Road. They were separated by a staff member and taken to the school office.
* A burglary was reported between 6 a.m. and 3:35 p.m. March 7, at a residence in the 2100 block of Stargrass Avenue. There was no sign of forced entry, but a number of windows and the back door were found unlocked. At this time, it's unknown if anything was stolen, but two bedrooms and an office desk were rummaged through.
* Police arrested a 53-year-old Indiana man for operating a vehicle while intoxicated after responding to reports of a car crash at 12:34 a.m. March 6, near the intersection of Columbus Street and Richard Avenue. The man said he had slid on ice and crashed into a tree, but officers smelled alcohol and found an open bottle in his SUV. He also performed poorly on the field sobriety tests.
* A trailer containing more than $1,700 worth of items -- including a case of shotgun shells, tools and clothing -- was stolen between March 2 and 4, from the rear of a business in the 3600 block of Brookhaven Drive.
* Copper piping worth about $1,000 was reported stolen at 9:20 a.m. March 5, from the furnace and water tank of an unoccupied residence in the 3900 block of Jerome Court.