Grove City police responded to reports of a fight at 12:36 a.m. March 20 at a business in the 3000 block of Southwest Boulevard, and charged a 24-year-old Grove City man with assault.
An employee of the business reportedly refused service to an intoxicated woman and tried to get her to drink water when the suspect, the woman's brother, told the employee to not touch his sister. The suspect allegedly grabbed the employee by the shirt and punched him in the face. The employee fell to the floor, and the suspect allegedly kicked him in the face.
The employee and a witness told the suspect he did not touch his sister, but another witness said he did touch her and shoved her brother, triggering a fight.
The suspect, who went to the hospital with a suspected broken wrist, was issued a summons.
In other reports from the Grove City Police Division:
* Police arrested Jeffrey D. Ferrell, 41 of Sterling Park Circle shortly after 3 a.m. March 21 and charged him with a felony possession of cocaine in a parking lot outside a business in the 3100 block of Broadway. An officer on patrol saw Ferrell lying down and moving around in the front passenger seat of his vehicle.
Ferrell told the officer he did not have money for a hotel room and had recently been evicted from his residence. The officer found there was an active warrant from Columbus police against him for failing to reinstate his operator's license, fleeing and reckless operation. The officer arrested him and searched the vehicle, finding three rocks of what was later determined to be crack cocaine in the glove box.
* Five handguns and a shotgun with a combined value of around $3,500 were reported stolen between 5:30 p.m. March 18 and 6 a.m. March 19 from the master bedroom of a residence in the 2400 block of Swan Drive. An outside window was broken, with about $100 worth of damage, and a nearby door was unlocked.
* Between 10:15 a.m. and 11:20 p.m. March 21, a laptop computer valued at $1,000 was stolen from a living-room desk during a burglary at a residence in the 3000 block of Southwest Boulevard.
* About $500 worth of copper pipes were stolen between March 12 and 15 from a vacant residence in the 4100 block of Rockledge Street, resulting in an additional $300 worth of damage to the property's water heater. There was no sign of forced entry, but the company that recently took over caring for the property reported several keys were unaccounted for.
* Officers responded at 1:49 p.m. March 21 to a business in the 2000 block of Stringtown Road after a purse containing five hypodermic needles, two spoons and a shoestring were found. The owner, identified as a 23-year-old North Linden woman, returned to the office when called and told police the items and purse were hers. Police charged her with possession of drug-abuse instruments and released her with a mayor's court summons.
* Police arrested a Columbus man for trying to pass a false check at 1:25 p.m. March 19 at a business in the 4100 block of Hoover Road.
Matthew D. Buckler, 34, of Walsh Avenue was charged with a felony count of forgery and possession of criminal tools. While the account number on the forged check is from a real account, the check number was false, reports said.
* Identity fraud was reported between March 8 and 18 by a resident of the 4000 block of Sassafras Court. More than $130 worth of fraudulent charg-es were made against the resident's credit card, which has since been canceled.
* During the night of March 19 and 20, someone broke into two vans belonging to a Florida man while they were parked in the 3900 block of Jackpot Road. Damage to the locks of the two vans has been estimated at $800 while $2,900 worth of tools were stolen.
* The catalytic converter of a vehicle parked in the 3600 block of Brookham Drive was cut off and stolen between 10 a.m. and 7:40 p.m. March 18. The damage was estimated at $1,000.
* A muffler and tailpipe were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 1400 block of Fergus Road between March 16 and 17, resulting in $600 worth of damage.
* Raw eggs were thrown at vehicle parked in a driveway in the 1300 block of River Trail Drive between 9 p.m. March 18 and 9 .m. March 19. It was unclear if the eggs had caused any damage to the vehicle's paint.
* The school resource officer of Grove City High School, 4665 Hoover Road, filed assault charges against a 19-year-old student at 9:50 a.m. March 20. The officer reported hearing yelling outside his office, raced out and saw the suspect about to kick another student, who was down on the ground. He grabbed the suspect's arms and told him to stop. Witnesses reported the suspect had hit the victim from behind and punched him in the face a number of times, leaving swelling around both eyes.
Also at Grove City High School, two students were charged with disorderly conduct at 7:52 a.m. March 20 after fighting with each other. One of them ended up with a bloody lip, reports said.