A resident interrupted the burglary of his home in the 6300 block of Lakeview Drive at 5:48 p.m. April 3, Grove City police reported.
The resident arrived home at that time and heard movement upstairs, reports said. Grabbing a kitchen knife, he went upstairs and found a man in his mother's bedroom wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, bandanna, dark jeans and work boots. The burglar raced past the resident downstairs and out the back door. Nothing was reported missing, but the back door sustained an estimated $150 worth of damage.
In other recent incident reports from the Grove City Division of Police:
* Between 9:45 a.m. and 2 p.m. April 2, a residence in the 3800 block of Meadow Lane was burglarized. A rear-door window was broken out to gain entry and $8,000 worth of jewelry and collectible coins was stolen, as well as prescription medication. Damage to the window is estimated at $300.
* There were no signs of forced entry, but between 11 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. April 4, someone entered a residence in the 3600 block of Midland Street and stole about $3,000 worth of items, including a video game console, iPod, jewelry and cellphone. The owner told police the locks recently were changed and that the only other way to enter the residence is through a first-floor window.
* Between 8 p.m. April 2 and 6 a.m. April 3, someone broke into a business in the 3100 block of Broadway and stole several items from multiple cubicles, including a computer, three computer monitors, a keyboard, a video game system and trinket box.
* Copper downspouts worth $300 were stolen off a church in the 3200 block of Columbus Street between March 29 and April 2. According to reports, no tools would have been necessary.
* Between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. April 3, a resident of the 3900 block of Security Drive reported that after two friends visited, a credit card and digital camera were missing. Subsequently, several unauthorized charges were made using the card, which has since been cancelled.
* On April 1, a resident of the 1900 block of Seaside Court discovered he had been a victim of identity fraud when he received a letter from the IRS telling him they were withholding his tax return until he verified his identity. The resident had not yet filed his tax return, but someone filed one using his name, address and Social Security number.
* Using the bank card number of a resident of the 2400 block of Parlin Drive, someone made six unauthorized purchases at a number of different business, including three gas stations and three restaurants, for a total loss of $112.
* After getting off a bus at 5:35 p.m. April 2, near the intersection of Wild Horse Drive and Great Hunter Drive, Grove City High School student reported being assaulted by a fellow student, who punched her in the head until she fell to the ground before leaving in a nearby vehicle. The victim told police her attacker has been harassing her for some time, instigating fights and bullying her.
* Four vehicles parked on Stringtown Road were reported broken into April 1.
Between 6:30 and 7:05 p.m., someone broke out the window of a vehicle parked in the 1700 block, causing $300 worth of damage, and then sole $300 worth of items, including a briefcase, checkbook and digital camera.
Between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. in the 1500 block, $175 worth of items, including a bookbag and school supplies, were stolen from another vehicle after someone broke in through a window, resulting in $200 worth of damage.
Two vehicles parked in the 2000 block also were broken into. One of the vehicles sustained $300 worth of damage due to a broken window and $1,700 worth of items were stolen, including a wallet, credit cards, iPod and laptop compute. Damages of $400 were reported to the other car, again the result of a broken window, with the only item reported stolen was an empty CD box.
* About $400 worth of tools were stolen between 5 p.m. April 1 and 5:30 a.m. April 2, from a vehicle while it was parked in the 2600 block of Parlin Drive. There were no signs of forced entry, but the owner told police it had been locked.
* Though only $5 worth of change was stolen, $400 worth of damage was caused in a vehicle break-in between 11:15 p.m. April 1 and 8:55 a.m. April 2 in the 4200 block of Parkmead Drive.
* A vehicle parked in the 1500 block of Younkin Court was broken into between 11 p.m. April 1 and 7 a.m. April 2. A digital camera valued at $300 was stolen and $300 worth of damage occurred to a window.
* While parked between 11 p.m. April and 6:30 a.m. April 2 in the 4300 block of Glendale Drive, a vehicle was broken into, resulting in $300 worth of damage to a window and the theft of a laptop computer valued at $600.