Someone was more interested making a mess than stealing anything during a recent burglary, according to the Grove City police reported.
Between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. June 24, someone broke into a residence in the 2900 block of Columbus Street, damaging a door frame in the process. The suspect then proceeded to break a television, tear down a shower curtain, smash a gallon of milk and dump a pitcher of juice on the kitchen floor. A stack of mail was stolen, but nothing else of value was reported missing.
No one reported seeing a suspect, but a neighbor reported hearing a sound like "someone bouncing a basketball against the wall."
The total damage is estimated to exceeded $700.
The resident told police she suspects an ex-boyfriend who has been stalking her and had damaged her property before.
In other recent incident reports from the Grove City Division of Police:
* An off-duty Franklin County Sheriff's deputy detained a 24-year-old Grove City man for public indecency after seeing the man, at 8:40 a.m. June 28, go behind a residence in the 3900 block of Marsol Avenue, expose himself and masturbate. The deputy called the Grove City police and detained the man until officers arrived to arrest him.
* At 2:55 p.m. June 20, two men entered a business in the 4400 block of Broadway, and while one of them approached the cashier and spoke with the clerk, the other walked back into the office area and stole $2,000, placing the cash into a briefcase. The men left in a silver SUV, driving north on Broadway. Witnesses said both men were black; The first wore a white jacket, dark pants and black hat with red bill while the second man wore a plaid shirt, cream pants and cream hat.
* During an argument at 12:45 p.m. June 23, a resident of the 2300 block of Suffolk Lane reported her husband pushed, punched and strangled her during an argument. When she tried to call police, he took her cell phone and left the area. Police filed domestic violence and assault charges against him.
* Domestic violence and assault charges were filed against a 17-year-old Grove City boy after his mother's boyfriend reported being punched, spit on and yelled at by him at 10:33 p.m. June 23, at their Scott Court residence after he told the juvenile a friend could not spend the night.
* A 19-year-old Grove City man was charged with aggravated trespassing, criminal damaging and assault following an incident at 2:29 p.m. June 23, in the 2700 block Parlin Drive. According to reports, the man beat on the door of a residence and threw a rock through a window and then attacked the son of a resident when he pulled up in the driveway and got out. The resident broke up the fight, and he too was attacked. Police arrived and stopped the suspect as he tried to leave in a vehicle and arrested him. When officers tried to question him, he was belligerent, screaming obscenities and racial epithets and spitting on the prisoner transport area of a cruiser. Later, at the station, he calmed down and cleaned up the mess he made in the cruiser.
* A business in the 2800 London-Groveport Road informed police of an employee, a 20-year-old Ashville woman, who between June 7 and 27, had been stealing previously used coupons while working the cashier and using them for her own, her family's and her friends' personal gain. The value amounted to $276. The woman was released at the scene with a court summons for the theft and issued a trespass warning from the business.
* On June 26, a resident of the 3200 block of Kingswood Rive reported someone had used her bank card information to charge more than $50 for purchases at a New York City Toys-R-Us and parking. The resident still had possession of her card.