Grove City: Backyard gate, back door window broken in burglary
A Grove City resident returned home to discover her residence in the 3400 block of Lake Alberts Way was burglarized between 7:30 and 10:15 p.m. July 3, Grove City police reported.
A window in the back door was broken and a $699 television was stolen. Police found that in addition to the window, the perpetrator broke a wooden gate on the north side of the residence to enter the back yard.
Total loss was estimated at $1,850.
In other recent incident reports from the Grove City Division of Police:
* About 8:50 p.m. July 3, a 23-year-old Grove City man suffered a broken jaw after an unnamed suspect approached him in a bar in the 2300 block of Stringtown Road and punched him in the face. According to the victim, he was at the bar with a friend when the suspect approached him, asked to speak with him outside and then hit him.
The victim told police he had not spoken with the suspect prior to the incident but added that the suspect had been staring at him when he walked in. The victim went to Mount Carmel West where he was diagnosed with the broken jaw.
Witnesses identified the suspect and his girlfriend, who was at the bar with him, but officers were unable to make contact with the suspect.
* A 19-year-old woman of the 3000 block of Southwest Boulevard was arrested and charged with domestic violence and felonious assault for reportedly attacking the father of her 1-year-old son with a knife during an argument at 12:25 p.m. June 30, at their residence.
The woman told police she cut the man with the knife because she was frustrated with the way he treated her and for calling her an obscene word.
The victim was treated on the scene by Jackson Township Fire Department EMS for a cut to his right shoulder, but he declined to be taken to the hospital.
* Returning home from breakfast between 7:30 and 9 a.m. July 4, a resident of the 3400 block of Valerie Street discovered three small pry marks near the handles of the front storm door of his residence. The dead bolt had been taken out and was not securely latched, but the door remained locked. The damage is estimated at $100.
* Shortly before 2 p.m. July 2, a resident of the 4600 block of Dunmann Way heard something fall in his garage, went outside and saw a man had stolen his bicycle and was pedaling it down the street.
The resident pursued the suspect in his car and found him trying to put the chain back on the bike, next to a car driven by a heavyset woman. The resident told the suspect to return the bike.
The suspect said he "didn't want to go to jail," left the bike, got in the car with the woman and drove off. The license plate of the vehicle was traced to the address of a Grove City man, but police did not find the car or anyone at home when they tried to make contact.
* A resident of the 4600 block of Lombardo Street reported someone accessed his bank account between June 29 and 30 to make purchases for $200, $118, $85, $68 and more, at a number of businesses.
* Between 8 and 9:30 p.m. July 4, a four-door Chevrolet Lumina was stolen while parked near the intersection of Midland Street and Curtis Avenue. The owner reported it had been locked, and she had the only set of keys.
* Someone broke out the window of a vehicle parked between 5:30 and 6:45 p.m. July 4 in the 2200 block of Home Road and stole a purse containing the owner's credit and debit cards. Damage to the window is estimated at $300.
* Sometime between 1 a.m. and 3 p.m. July 4, someone broke the locks of a vehicle parked in the 3400 block of Gateway Lakes Drive and stole a black duffel bag containing an Ohio Revised Code book, two notebooks, a binder and personal documents. The damage to the vehicle is estimated to be $600.
* Another vehicle parked in the 3400 block of Gateway Lakes Drive was broken into between midnight and 5:15 a.m. July 4. About $150 worth of damage was reported and a cellphone case valued at $50 was stolen.
* Nothing was reported stolen, but between 8:30 p.m. July 3 and 10:50 a.m. July 4, someone broke the window of a third vehicle parked in the 3400 block of Gateway Lake Drive, causing an unlisted amount of damage.
* At 10:02 p.m. July 2, a man was seen climbing over the patio fence of a business in the 3900 block of Broadway and stealing a Pepsi patio table umbrella valued at $70.
* Between 10 p.m. June 29 and 10:30 a.m. June 30, a bicycle valued at $700 was stolen after it had been left unlocked in the 4000 block of Stephanie Place.