Grove City: Woman charged with ramming another driver's car
A road rage incident last week resulted in a felony assault charge against a motorist, Grove City police reported.
Responding to a report of an automobile accident at 8:55 a.m. July 11 near the intersection of Stringtown Road and Gantz Road, officers spoke with Cara J. Swinehart, 29, of Urban Hollow Court.
Swinehart told police that as she was driving west on Stingtown, another motorist cut her off while changing lanes. Swinehart honked at the other woman, who responded with a wave.
Swinehart told police she had a migraine and was upset, so when the other motorist stopped at the next intersection for a red light, Swinehart sped up and deliberately drove into the rear of her vehicle, police reports said.
After the crash, Swinehart drove around the victim and pulled into a parking lot, reports said. The victim complained of neck and back pains but refused medical treatment on the scene, police said..
Swinehart was arrested and charged with felonious assault.
In other recent incident reports from the Grove City Division of Police:
* Upon returning home from work about 3:45 p.m. July 9, a resident of the 3500 block of Cleveland Avenue found the back door to her home damaged and called police. A search of the residence determined that a lockbox containing $3,000 and $550 worth of jewelry had been stolen.
A neighbor reported seeing a white man and woman sitting in a gray Fiero outside the residence between 2:30 and 3 p.m.
* Between July 3 and 9, $2,450 worth of items, including a shotgun and assorted jewelry, were reported stolen from a residence in the 2700 block of Glendale Road. The items were found to be missing following an argument the residents had with a former roommate, after they had asked him to move out.
* Someone broke into a business in the 5900 block of Hoover Road and stole $20 in change from the cash register between 8:40 a.m. July 10 and 9:40 p.m. July 11. Damage to a window was estimated at $300.
* Assault charges were filed against a 21-year-old Hilliard man after he head-butted a co-worker at 8:05 a.m. July 12, at a business in the 2900 block of Lewis Centre Way. The victim was treated at the scene for a cut above his left eye, but the suspect had left the area prior to the arrival of police.
* A business in the 2200 block of Stringtown Road reported someone passed five counterfeit $20 bills between 10 p.m. July 5 and 2:30 a.m. July 6.
* Returning from dinner between 10 and 11:50 p.m. July 11, the owner of a vehicle parked in the 2000 block of Stringtown Road found someone had caused $400 worth of damage to its windows. The contents of the vehicle had also been tossed around, but nothing was reported stolen.
* Between 1 and 6 p.m. July 11, a wallet and credit card were stolen from a vehicle while the owner was at work in the 1700 block of Stringtown Road. The owner also reported multiple uses of the card at a number of businesses on Stringtown, with the total of fraudulent charges exceeding $1,000.
* Between 7:30 and 8:30 p.m. July 10, someone broke into a vehicle parked in the lot at Gantz Park, 2259 Home Road, causing $800 worth of damage and stealing a purse.
* Another vehicle parked in the lot at Gantz Park was broken into between 7:15 and 8:15 p.m. July 10, resulting in the theft of $2,700 worth of items, including a laptop computer and cellphone. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $350.
* Copper piping valued at $100 was stolen between July 3 and 11 from a vacant house in the 3500 block of Orders Road.
* Between 6 p.m. July 9 and 8:10 a.m. July 10, someone pried off the lock of a concession stand at Murfin Fields, 4570 Haughn Road, and broke in, stealing drinks that were inside. Damage to the lock was estimated at $150.
* Various prescription medications were stolen from a vehicle between 9:30 p.m. July 9 and 11 a.m. July 10 while it was parked in the 5900 block of Platinum Drive. The owner reported recent problems with the keyless entry and was unsure if the vehicle had been locked.
* Someone spray-painted the north concrete wall of White Road overpass over Interstate 71 between midnight and 4:08 a.m. July 11, causing an unlisted amount of damage.