Grove City: Woman with suspected cocaine also has knife, $28K
Grove City police found a small fortune in cash on a woman stopped for suspected drug use last week.
At 5:55 p.m. July 24, officers responded to a report of a woman who appeared to be under the influence of drugs in the parking lot of a business in the 2100 block of Stringtown Road. The officers found the woman, Amanda Lynn Kinney, 27, of Obetz, to be extremely fidgety, constantly touching her face and body with hyperactive movements, reports said. Police found she was under an in-state drug offense suspension for trafficking in 2012.
In two bags, police found Kinney had $28,404 in cash, along with a large folding knife and two small, tan rocks of suspected crack cocaine wrapped in aluminum foil, according to reports.
Kinney was arrested and charged with carrying a concealed weapon and a felony of drug possession.
In other recent Grove City police reports:
* Between 2:50 and 3:51 p.m. July 24, a burglary was reported at a residence in the 4000 block of Colonial Place. A witness reported seeing a man carrying a television and radio outside the residence. Police arrived as the resident was unlocking the front door and noted the TV was missing, reports said. Neighbors said they saw nothing, and the witness could not be located or contacted, according to reports.
* During a breaking and entering reported between July 18 and 23, $200 worth of copper piping was stolen from a residence undergoing remodeling in the 3900 block of Jerome Court. In addition, walls in the residence sustained $1,000 worth of water damage.
* Between July 7 and 19, a motorcycle was reported stolen from an unlocked shed in the 5400 block of Meadow Grove Drive.
* A total of $170 in cash was stolen from an unsecured cabinet in the office of a business in the 3500 block of Broadway between 5 and 11:40 p.m. July 23, reports said.
* A Mount Sterling woman reported her cellphone was stolen from the counter of her work station between 11:30 and 11:45 a.m. July 24 in the 3800 block of Gantz Road. The value of the phone is $300.
* Between 11 p.m. July 23 and 7 a.m. July 24, a pair of sunglasses valued at $175, along with a $7,500 engagement ring, a $200 wedding band and $200 cash were reported stolen from vehicle parked in the 400 block of Scioto Meadows Boulevard. The owner reported leaving the vehicle locked, but when he discovered the theft, it was unlocked.
* A purse containing a wallet, driver's license and checkbook was stolen from an unlocked vehicle between 12:30 and 7:24 a.m. July 24 while it was parked in the 500 block of Scioto Meadows Boulevard, according to reports.
* Between 4:30 p.m. July 20 and 2 p.m. July 21, a GPS unit valued at $160 was reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 3100 block of Townhouse Drive. There were no signs of forced entry.
* Responding to an accident reported at 3:48 p.m. July 25 in the parking lot of a business in the 1900 block of Stringtown Road, police spoke with a woman who said after she drove into the lot, a car missing its front passenger wheel backed into her front bumper, causing minor damage.
Officers found the other driver, a 19-year-old Grove City man, trying to change a tire in the parking lot. According to reports, he appeared disoriented and confused, telling police he had been driving on the car's rim for a week. He also had a strong odor of alcohol on him along with bloodshot eyes, reports said. The car was impounded for being illegally parked and missing a wheel, and the driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
* At 4:35 p.m. July 25, a 47-inch television valued at $598 was stolen from the front walk of a residence in the 2800 block of Woodgrove Drive. A neighbor reported seeing a man loading the TV into the back seat of a vehicle, then leaving in another vehicle.