A pair of men wearing masks and gloves took advantage of an unlocked door last week in a crime Grove City police are classifying as aggravated burglary.
At 12:30 a.m. Feb. 10, residents of a home in the 3300 block of Devin Road were lying in bed when they heard their front door open. Shortly thereafter, two white men in black ski masks and black gloves entered their upstairs bedroom, police reports said.
One of the men had a hunting knife. He held it up toward the residents and ordered them to stay still and not make any noise. The suspects, demanding to know where the residents kept their drugs and money, ransacked the house, taking more than $5,400 worth of jewelry, money, credit cards and prescription medication before leaving through the front door.
In addition to their masks and gloves, both suspects were wore black coats and blue jeans and were in their 20s, reports said.
In other recent incident reports from the Grove City Division of Police:
* A burglary was reported between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. Jan. 8 at a residence in the 2800 block of Toth Place. Someone broke in through a living room window, causing $200 worth of damage, and stole a television valued at $960.
* The manager of Great Clips, 1729 Stringtown Road, reported on Feb. 10, there had been a series of thefts of cash totaling $300 since the start of the year.
At first the thefts occurred during business hours, but later incidents, including the most recent theft, which happened between Feb. 5 and 6, occurred overnight when the business was closed.
* Police responded to a disturbance at 11:30 p.m. Feb. 8 at an apartment building in the 4000 block of Maryanne Place and filed a disorderly conduct against a 34-year-old resident.
* Police filed charges for domestic violence and assault against a 52-year-old resident of Woodgrove Drive following an argument with his niece at 7:20 a.m. Feb. 13. Police reports said the man grabbed the woman's face and slammed her head backward into a wall.
* After viewing a movie between 9:30 p.m. Jan. 9 and 12:15 a.m. Jan. 10, residents of the 2800 block of Brookpark Circle returned home to find the front window of the residence broken. Damage is estimated at $250.
* On Feb. 13, a resident of the 4700 block of Haley Way reported someone had fraudulently opened a credit account in her name sometime in September and had racked up an outstanding balance of more than $1,200.
* A resident of the 5400 block of Glen Drive reported someone had used his bank card to rack up fraudulent charges of more than $430 at a number of area businesses on Feb. 10. The resident told police it was an old account he was getting ready to close and he had already shredded the cards linked to it. He last used it in October.
* Between 3 p.m. Feb. 9 and 9:15 p.m. Feb. 10, someone stole a GPS unit valued at $125 from an unlocked car belonging to a resident of the 1800 block of Moreland Circle North.