Local businesses suffer rash of burglaries in past week
Hilliard Division of Police officers last week responded to a rash burglary reports at a number of local businesses.
* A 9mm pistol, 50 silver dollar coins and an IHOP gift certificate were reported stolen at 1 p.m. Nov. 26 after a burglary at a law office in the 5200 block of Norwich Street.
* Police reported a breaking and entering at 9 p.m. Nov. 28 at a business in the 3800 block of Lacon Road.
Aluminum fencing worth $1,200 was reported stolen, but was later recovered.
* A breaking and entering was reported at 12:30 a.m. Nov. 29 at a business in the 3600 block of Main Street. Police reported $700 was stolen.
* Police reported a breaking and entering at 10 a.m. Nov. 27 at a business in the 4300 block of Cemetery Road.
Two metal doors were broken, causing $2,300 in damage, and a generator and tools worth $2,700 were reported stolen.
* Four air-conditioning units worth $12,000 were reported stolen at 11 p.m. Nov. 27 from a business in the 4400 block of Lyman Drive.
The same business reported three air-conditioning units were stolen Nov. 26.
In other recent Hilliard Division of Police incident reports:
* Police arrested a 23-year-old man at 3:50 a.m. Nov. 29 for OVI, obstructing official business and traffic violations at Cemetery Road and Interstate 270.
Police observed traffic violations and reported the driver failed to immediately stop his vehicle. The driver stopped after a brief pursuit and was transported to the Franklin County jail.
* Police reported a known person brought a knife Nov. 28 to Hilliard Weaver Middle School, 4600 Avery Road.
* A dishwasher and stove were reported stolen Nov. 27 from a house under construction in the 6100 block of Golden Lane.
* Police reported a purse was stolen at noon Dec. 2 from an unlocked vehicle in the 4300 block of Brickwood Drive.
* A burglary was reported at 1 a.m. Nov. 25 at a residence in the 4700 block of Crystal Lake Drive. A video camera, lock box and cash were reported stolen. Total loss is estimated at $725.
* Police reported a vehicle was vandalized at 8 a.m. Nov. 25 in the 4900 block of Vicksburg Lane.
* A mailbox was reported vandalized at 10 a.m. Dec. 2 in the 3800 block of Pleasantbrook Drive.
* A vehicle was reported vandalized at 9 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 3400 block of River Landings Boulevard.
* Police arrested a 27-year-old man at 3 a.m. Nov. 26 for drug abuse and possession of drug paraphernalia at Cemetery and Leap roads.
* Police arrested a 28-year-old woman at 2:20 a.m. Nov. 26 for OVI and traffic violations in the 6300 block of Scioto Darby Road.
* A 24-year-old man was arrested at 3:20 a.m. Nov. 25 for OVI at Scioto Darby and Walcutt roads.
* Police arrested a 40-year-old man at 1:25 p.m. Nov. 26 for possession of drug paraphernalia on Interstate 270 South.
* A 29-year-old man was arrested at 2:40 p.m. Nov. 27 for possession of drug paraphernalia in the 4200 block of Cemetery Road.
* Police arrested a 25-year-old man at 11:10 p.m. Nov. 28 for possession of drugs in the 4800 block of Drayton Road.
* A 19-year-old man was arrested at 10:15 p.m. Nov. 28 for receiving stolen property on Interstate 270 South.
* A coat, a cellphone and an iPod were reported stolen at 7:30 a.m. Nov. 26 from Hilliard Memorial Middle School, 5600 Scioto Darby Road.
* A purse containing a cellphone, keys, credit cards and other items was reported stolen at 8:40 a.m. Nov. 27 from the 4700 block of Cemetery Road. Loss was reported at $680.
* Police arrested a 23-year-old woman at 3 p.m. Nov. 27 for theft in the 3500 block of Park Mill Run Drive.
* A 35-year-old man was arrested at 10 a.m. Nov. 28 on drug-related charges at Scioto Darby Road and Reed Point Drive.
* Police reported a video-game console and video games were stolen at 7:20 a.m. Nov. 28 from a residence in the 4200 block of Alder Drive.
* Vandalism was reported at 9 a.m. Nov. 29 involving a restroom at Hilliard Bradley High School, 2800 Walker Road.
* A storage shed was reported vandalized at 5 p.m. Nov. 29 at a business in the 4200 block of Reynolds Drive.
* Police reported $64 was stolen Nov. 28 from a business in the 3800 block of Main Street.
* A resident in the 5300 block of Burwash Landing reported a known person stole property worth $4,900 on Nov. 29.
* Police arrested a 19-year-old man for OVI and an 18-year-old man for underage consumption of alcohol at 1:10 a.m. Dec. 2 in the 4000 block of Coventry Manor Way.
* A purse was reported stolen at 11 p.m. Nov. 30 from a vehicle in the 3400 block of River Landings Boulevard.
* Police reported a wallet was stolen at 6:15 a.m. Nov. 29 from the 4700 block of Tremont Club Drive.
Columbus Division of Police
Students from Ridgewood Elementary School were unharmed when their bus was involved in an accident shortly before 4 p.m. Nov. 27 at Dublin and Trabue roads in Columbus, Columbus police and district officials said.
A motorist who failed to yield was struck by another oncoming vehicle and forced into the side of the school bus, pinning part of the vehicle under the bus.
One person in the car that caused the accident was injured and transported to an area hospital. Alcohol was a suspected factor in the crash, reports stated.
In other recent Columbus Division of Police incident reports:
* Police arrested a 19-year-old man Dec. 1 after a resident chased him out of a garage in the 2300 block of Highlandtown Drive. The victim chased the man out of a garage at 12:40 a.m. Police arrested the man on the same street, several residences to the south, police said.
* A 20-year-old Plain City woman told police a known man punched her in the face and broke her cellphone at 10:45 p.m. Nov. 28 in the 4900 block of Singleton Drive.
* Prescription drugs were reported stolen Dec. 3 from a residence in the 5100 block of Bonner Drive.
* A 42-inch television and a video-game console were reported stolen between 3 and 6 p.m. Nov. 27 from a residence in the 5600 block of Farmhouse Lane.
* A laptop computer and other electronic equipment were reported stolen between 6:15 and 6:45 p.m. Dec. 3 from a vehicle in the 1900 block of Hilliard-Rome Road.