The Hilliard school board will begin interviewing its top five superintendent candidates Feb. 13.
The district announced Feb. 7 those candidates are:
* Paul Craft, superintendent, Delaware City Schools.
* Steve Estepp, executive director of K-12 curriculum and instruction, Hilliard City Schools.
* John Marschhausen, superintendent, Loveland City Schools.
* Michael L. Sawyers, acting superintendent of public instruction, the Ohio Department of Education.
* David Stewart, principal of Hilliard Bradley High School.
Interviews will be Feb. 13, 14 and 19.
Board members plan to announce the new superintendent at their March 11 board meeting.
Estepp, Sawyers and Stewart were among the 22 candidates who applied by the Jan. 29 deadline.
Craft and Marschhausen were recruited bythe Educational Service Center of Central Ohio, which has assisted the district with identifying and screening candidates to succeed Dale McVey, who will retire June 30.
The other candidates who applied by the Jan. 29 deadline are:
* Kenyetta Bagby, a senior trainer in the human resources division at Citigroup.
* James S. Barney, superintendent, Marion City Schools.
* Vincent S. Colaluca, superintendent, Austintown Local Schools.
* I.V. Foster Jr., most recently superintendent of Duluth Public Schools in Minnesota.
* Thomas Dean Gay, CEO and principal administrator of the Quality Schools Group, a consulting firm.
* John J. Grahovac, most recently superintendent of Mosaica Educational Systems.
* Michael P. Hanlon Jr., superintendent, Painesville City Local Schools.
* Mark W. Hartman, most recently superintendent of Antwerp Local Schools.
* James J. Herrholtz, associate superintendent, the Ohio Department of Education, Division of Learning.
* Robert J. Humble, superintendent, Fairbanks Local Schools.
* John R. Kellogg, assistant superintendent of curriculum, South-Western City Schools.
* Louis Kramer, superintendent, Northeastern Local Schools.
* Carl R. Metzger, assistant superintendent, South-Western City Schools.
* Deborah A. Piotrowski, superintendent, Xenia Community Schools.
* Steve Price, most recently superintendent of Hazelwood School District in Missouri.
* Richard D. Smith Jr., superintendent, North Union Local Schools.
* John D. Stanford, deputy superintendent, Columbus City Schools.
* Arthur W. Stellar, most recently superintendent of Burke County Public Schools in North Carolina.
* John Blaine Stoner, career technical education director and assistant principal, Mad River Local Schools.
Estepp, Kellogg and Stanford are the three finalists under consideration for Westerville City Schools superintendent. Westerville board members said they expect to name a new superintendent by Feb. 11.
Barney, Colaluca, Grahovac, Hanlon, Herrholtz, Kellogg, Piotrowski, Sawyers and Stellar also applied for the Westerville superintendent job, which drew 20 applicants.