Hilliard plagued by rash of burglaries, thefts from cars
Hilliard police last week responded to several reports of burglaries and vehicle break-ins throughout the city.
Recent incident reports from the Hilliard Division of Police included:
* Jewelry and an iPod worth a total of $2,420 were reported stolen after a burglary at 6:55 a.m. Feb. 12 at a residence in the 4500 block of Paxton Drive.
* A digital camera, laptop computer, cellphone and ring worth a total of $6,600 were reported stolen at 5 a.m. Feb. 11 from an apartment in the 3400 block of Portrush Avenue.
* A wallet containing credit cards, a Social Security card and money was reported stolen at 3 a.m. Feb. 11 from a residence in the 4800 block of Prince Charles Way. Loss was reported at $64.
* A laptop computer was reported stolen at 6 p.m. Feb. 12 from the 3900 block of Lyman Drive.
* Copper fittings worth $1,540 were reported stolen Feb. 11 from a vacant residence in the 5300 block of Carina Court West.
* Blank checks were reported stolen at 6 p.m. Feb. 12 from a vehicle in the 4400 block of Darley Court.
* A laptop computer, cell phone, briefcase and other items were reported stolen at 11 p.m. Feb. 12 from a vehicle in the 3800 block of Park Mill Run Drive.
* School supplies were reported stolen at 6 p.m. Feb. 11 from a vehicle in the 4200 block of Cemetery Road.
* Sunglasses, a gift card and loose change were reported stolen at 5 p.m. Feb. 10 from a vehicle in the 4500 block of Paxton Drive.
* A ring and an iPod were reported stolen at noon Feb. 12 from a vehicle in the 3100 block of Serpentine Drive. The ring was recovered.
* Police arrested a 31-year-old man for possession of drug paraphernalia and a 30-year-old woman for possession of an open container of alcohol at 10:35 p.m. Feb. 9 at Cemetery Road and Municipal Way.
* A vehicle was reported vandalized at 8 p.m. Feb. 13 in the 3700 block of Sturbridge Court.