The field of candidates in the Republican primary for Hilliard City Council was reduced to five March 8.
Brian Katz, 28, announced his withdrawal from the race via email to ThisWeek.
Katz said even though he has ended his campaign, he remains "committed to staying involved in the community."
Katz is chief counsel and director of compliance for the Franklin County Auditor's Office.
The remaining Republican primary candidates are:
* Tom Baker, 56, co-owner of Baker & Associates Insurance Co. and City Council's recent appointee to fill the unexpired term of Stephanie Kunze, who stepped down to take a seat in the Ohio House of Representative.
* Marc Barraco, 41, a communications system specialist for the Columbus Department of Public Safety.
* Les Carrier, 43, a structured settlement consultant for EPS Settlement Group.
* Kelly McGivern, 46, the senior director of government affairs for Aetna and the only incumbent in the race.
* Bill Uttley, 57, owner of Columbus Appraisal and Consulting Co.
The top four vote-getters will advance to the general election, where all four will be unopposed.
No Democrat filed a petition for the primary. A Democrat last appeared on the ballot in 2009 and last served on Hilliard City Council in 1993.