Ohio Wesleyan University last month honored former Hilliard resident Mary Weaver Miller by dedicating a library reading room in her memory.
Miller, upon her death in 2001, bequeathed part of her estate to the United Methodist West Ohio Commission on Archives and History. The commission used Miller's gift to construct a reading room at university's Beeghly Library.
Miler attended Ohio Wesleyan from 1932 to 1934 before transferring to the Ohio State University.
She intermittently served on the West Ohio Commission Archives and History from 1976 to 1986, holding the position of treasurer from 1980 to 1983.
Miller was a lifelong member of Hilliard United Methodist Church. She was a member of the church's administrative board and published its history.
Miller also was a charter and life member of the Northwest Franklin County Historical Society and a teacher with Columbus schools.