Hilliard: Vandals reportedly cause $9,000 in damages to air conditioner
An air conditioner was reported vandalized at noon May 7 on commercial property in the 4500 block of Cosgray Road, according to Hilliard police.
Damage was estimated at $9,000.
In other recent incident reports from the Hilliard Division of Police:
* A robbery was reported at 10:05 a.m. May 9 in the 5000 block of Silver Saddle Court. A man told police a man he knows punched him in the face and took $300 from him, police said.
* Police arrested a 37-year-old man for rape and domestic violence at 4 a.m. May 4 at a residence in the 3500 block of Paxton Drive.
* Police arrested a 16-year-old boy for assault at 5:30 p.m. May 6 in the 6100 block of Heritage Point Court.
* A 19-year-old woman for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at 3:45 p.m. May 7 in the 3400 block of Leap Road.
* Police arrested a 21-year-old man for possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:45 a.m. May 6 in the 5300 block of Cee Court.
* A 28-year-old woman was arrested for drug abuse and possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:50 a.m. May 5 at Cemetery and Leap roads.
* Police arrested a 19-year-old woman for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, and underage possession of alcohol, at 12:15 a.m. May 5 in the 3600 block of Main Street.
* A 21-year-old woman was arrested for drug abuse and possession of drug paraphernalia at Fishinger Boulevard and Cemetery Road.
* Police reported a cellphone was stolen at 11 p.m. May 4 from the 4000 block of Carlton Court.
* A wallet was reported stolen at 11 a.m. May 5 from the 6300 block of Scioto-Darby Road. Loss was reported at $83.
* Police reported a bicycle was reported stolen at 9 a.m. May 4 from the 5300 block of Conklin Drive.
* An American flag was reported stolen at noon May 6 from a residence in the 4700 block of Riverwood Drive.
*Graffiti was reported sprayed at 11 p.m. May 10 at a business in the 3900 block of Main Street. Damage was reported at $600.
* Police arrested a 19-year-old woman at 3:45 p.m. May 7 for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the 3400 block of Leap Road.
* Police arrested a 37-year-old man for OVI and other charges at 9:20 a.m. May 8 after he lost control of a vehicle and stuck a light pole in the 5100 block of Northwest Parkway.
* An iPod was reported stolen at 9:25 a.m. May 9 from Hilliard Heritage Middle School, 5670 Scioto-Darby Road.
* Police reported a woman's wallet was stolen at 3:25 p.m. May 9 from a vehicle in a parking lot in the 3600 block of Main Street. Loss was estimated at $464.
* A 24-year-old man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia at 7:20 p.m. May 10 at Cemetery Road and Trueman Boulevard.
* Police arrested a man for drug abuse at 11 a.m. May 8 at Cemetery Road and Interstate 270.
* A video-game console was reported stolen at 3 p.m. May 11 from a residence in the 5300 block of Morning Drive.
* Police reported a wallet was stolen at 11:30 a.m. May 8 from the 4500 block of Cosgray Road.
* A man reported $20 was stolen at 4:30 p.m. May 11 from the 5400 block of Scioto-Darby Road.
* Police reported a briefcase and laptop computer were stolen at 6 p.m. May 11 from a vehicle in the 3900 block of Trueman Boulevard. Loss was reported at $1,780.
* A 59-year-old woman was arrested for disorderly conduct at 3:05 p.m. May 12 in the 4800 block of Trailpath Drive.
* Police arrested a 28-year-old woman on drug-related charges at 3:05 a.m. May 12 in the 3900 block of Parkway Lane.
Columbus police responded to a report of a child in a retention pond at 3:30 p.m. May 11 in the 5600 block of Farmhouse Lane at the Country Ridge Apartments off Roberts Road.
Police told The Columbus Dispatch a 2-year-old boy was pulled from the pond and transported to Nationwide Children's Hospital, where he was admitted in critical condition.
Witnesses told the Dispatch that the boy's mother was unloading groceries from her vehicle when she noticed the boy was missing. The mother and neighbors searched for the boy before a witness saw him in the water.
It was unclear how long the boy was in the water, but it was least several minutes, authorities told the Dispatch.
In other recent incident reports from the Columbus Division of Police:
* A resident in the 2600 block of Silverstrand Drive told Columbus police May 10 his debit card was used without his knowledge to make purchases at 10 locations.
* Police reported a Bushmaster AR-15 rifle, worth $1,400, was stolen between 10 and 11 a.m. May 7 from the 2500 block of Hickory Mill Lane.
* A 35-year-old man told police a man threatened to shoot him at 6 p.m. May 12 in the 5300 block of Jasmine Lane.
* Officers reported a cellphone was stolen May 8 from a vehicle in the 3600 block of Fishinger Boulevard.