Hilliard: Rash of vehicle vandalism, break-ins reported last week
Hilliard police last week reported several incidents of vandalism and thefts involving vehicles.
Two vehicles were reported vandalized May 18.
One of the reports was made at 8 p.m. in the 3700 block of Clay Bank Drive.
The other, at 9 p.m. in the 3700 block of Boathouse Drive, involved a report of a broken window.
Two days earlier, at 1:15 a.m. May 16, side mirrors were reported broken in the 6100 block of Heritage Point Court.
A string of vehicle break-ins was reported May 18, including two on River Crossing Drive and four on Truman Boulevard.
Sunglasses and a GPS were reported stolen at 9 p.m. and a cellphone charger was reported stolen at 9:30 p.m. from vehicles in the 3800 block of River Crossing Drive.
Police reported four vehicles also were forcibly entered in the 4600 block of Trueman Boulevard.
Various items, including a wallet and purse, were stolen from the vehicles.
A GPS unit also was reported stolen at 6 p.m. May 18 from a vehicle in the 3700 block of Confluence Drive.
Officer Hyda Slone said police had no evidence any of the incidents were related.
In other recent incident reports from the Hilliard Division of Police:
* Lighting fixtures were reported vandalized May 13 on commercial property in the 5400 block of Center Street.
* A 59-year-old woman was arrested at 3:05 p.m. May 12 for disorderly conduct and public intoxication in the 4800 block of Trailpath Drive.
* Police arrested a 22-year-old woman for possession of drugs at 6 p.m. May 13 at Cemetery Road and Fishinger Boulevard.
* A 28-year-old woman was arrested for possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia at 3:10 a.m. May 12 in the 3900 block of Parkway Lane.
* Police arrested a 25-year-old man for OVI and possession of drug paraphernalia at 9:50 p.m. May 13 at Leap Road and Anson Drive.
* Police arrested a 28-year-old man for OVI and possession of drug paraphernalia at 8:55 p.m. May 11 at Parkway Court and Parkway Lane.
* Police arrested a 49-year-old man for disorderly conduct at 4 p.m. May 15 in the 4100 block of Columbia Street.
* Police arrested a 24-year-old man for possession of marijuana and contributing to the delinquency of a minor and a 23-year-old man was arrested for contributing to the delinquency of a minor at 4:10 a.m. May 19 at Hilliard-Rome Road and Schatz Lane.
* Police arrested a 39-year-old man for possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and OVI at 3:15 a.m. May 18 at Cemetery Road and Lyman Drive.
* A bicycle was reported stolen at 3 p.m. May 16 from the 4400 block of Circle Drive.
* A cellphone was reported stolen at 2:10 p.m. May 16 from Hilliard Weaver Middle School, 5670 Scioto Darby Road.
* Prescription medication was reported stolen at 9 a.m. May 17 from the 3700 block of Sturbridge Court.
* Police arrested a 27-year-old man for improper handling of a firearm at 1:15 a.m. May 15 at Britton Parkway and Riggins Road.
* Police reported a known person assaulted a 15-year-old boy at 6:20 p.m. May 14 at Edler Street and Edler Court.