Hilliard: Felony drug charges leveled against Leap Road man
An investigation into narcotic activity at a Leap Road residence resulted in the arrest of the homeowner for drug trafficking.
Hilliard police executed a search warrant at 9:45 a.m. July 12 at 3426 Leap Road, according to reports.
The Columbus Division of Police Narcotics Tactical Unit assisted Hilliard officers in the execution of the warrant.
Brian Groves, 47, who records say lives at the house, was arrested and charged with two counts of drug trafficking and one count of possession of drugs.
All the charges are felonies, Hilliard police said. Heroin and prescription medication were found in the home.
Groves was transported to the Franklin County jail.
A decision to bring additional charges is pending lab results, police said.
In other recent incident reports from the Hilliard Division of Police:
* Police arrested a 41-year-old woman for felonious assault at 4:05 a.m. July 13 at hotel in the 3900 block of Parkway Lane.
A man told police Connie Michele Brantley, 41 cut his neck with a razor blade.
The report did not indicate the nature of the man's injury.
The woman was transported to the Franklin County jail.
* A 17-year-old boy, 17-year-old girl and 14-year-old boy were charged with underage consumption of alcohol at 1:10 a.m. July 12 at a hotel in the 3900 block of Parkway Lane.
* Police arrested a 19-year-old man for drug trafficking at 2:25 a.m. July 13 following a traffic stop at 2:25 a.m. July 13 at Hilliard-Rome Road and Hyde Park Drive. The man admitted to selling marijuana, police said.
* Police reported a burglary at noon July 13 in the 5000 block of Scioto Darby Road. A person reported someone forced entry into the residence and took copper water lines worth about $1,200.
* Police arrested a 20-year-old man for assault at 1:35 p.m. July 12 at Hayden Run and Wilcox roads.
* A 24-year-old man was arrested for disorderly conduct at 1:15 p.m. July 11 in the 4700 block of Cemetery Road.