Doug L. Jackson, 48, of Hilliard, was arrested on felony charges of assaulting a police officer at 7:10 p.m. July 20 in the 3200 block of Prairie Gardens Court.
Hilliard police say he attempted to use his vehicle to strike -- and narrowly missed -- an officer.
He was apprehended at gunpoint, police said.
Police had already responded to the residence for a domestic disturbance in which a woman was refusing to permit the man to have custody of his children, according to the report.
Police previously have been called to home in response to domestic issues, according to the report.
In other recent incident reports from the Hilliard Division of Police:
* A man told police prescription medications and money were stolen from his vehicle at 11 p.m. July 21 in the 4700 block of Cemetery Road.
Loss was reported at $35,195.
According to police, the 84-year-old man had more than $30,000 in cash inside a bag under the seat of the vehicle, as well as his prescription medication.
Police said the man apparently did not trust banks and kept his money in a bag at home or in his vehicle.
* A resident told police at 11 p.m. July 18 that a vehicle was vandalized in the 4800 block of Lady Jane Way.
Damage was estimated at $1,000.
* Police received a report at 9:30 a.m. July 19 that a vehicle was vandalized at Norwich Street and Hamilton Road.
A brick was thrown at the hood and windshield. Damage was estimated at $450.
* A 24-year-old man was arrested at 6 p.m. July 19 for assault in the 4700 block of Cemetery Road.
* A 19-year-old man was arrested for drug abuse and possession of drug paraphernalia at 1:05 a.m. July 20 in the 4000 block of Parkway Lane.
* Police arrested a 23-year-old man for possession of drug paraphernalia at 6:20 p.m. July 20 in the 4600 block of Cemetery Road.
* Police arrested a 21-year-old man on drug-related charges at 6:20 p.m. July 20 in the 4600 block of Cemetery Road.
* A 22-year-old woman was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:50 a.m. July 21 in the 4200 block of Cemetery Road.
* Police arrested a 19-year-old woman on drug-related charges at 12:40 a.m. July 21 in the 4800 block of Jeannette Road.
* Police arrested two men, ages 47 and 43, for possession of drug paraphernalia at Cemetery Road and Interstate 270.
* Police arrested a 26-year-old man for tampering with evidence at 4:40 p.m. July 20 at Main Street and Constitution Boulevard.
The man attempted to conceal contraband, police said.
A 35-year-year-old man at the scene also was arrested for obstructing official business and resisting arrest.
* A 30-year-old man was arrested for disorderly conduct at 7:5 p.m. July 21 in the 3400 block of Portrush Avenue.
* A theft was reported at 11:45 p.m. July 19 from a store in the 3200 block of Hilliard-Rome Road.
Two men took $230 from a cash register and fled in a vehicle, police said.
* A GPS unit was reported stolen at 8 p.m. July 19 from a vehicle in the 3900 block of Lyman Drive.