Hilliard: Cyclist injured in alleged hit-and-run on Dublin Road
Hilliard police are investigating an alleged Sept. 1 hit-and-run crash that injured a bicyclist on Dublin Road in Norwich Township.
There are no known witnesses to the crash that occurred about 8 a.m. last Sunday in the 4800 block of Dublin Road that injured Brad Young, 44, of Columbus.
The driver of a vehicle that struck Young fled from the scene, police said.
"We are asking the public to come forward with any information," Sgt. Curtis Baker said.
Anyone with any information about the crash should call Hilliard police at 614-876-2429.
Police believe the vehicle that struck Young has front-end damage, though the make and model of the vehicle are yet unknown, Deaton said
Police also are appealing for the driver to come forward.
Police Chief Doug Francis said Sept. 3 that Young is stable, but has no idea what happened.
Young was wearing a helmet that likely mitigated the serious injuries received in the accident, officer Mike Deaton said.
A woman who passed the scene Sept. 1 stayed with Young until medics arrived, police said.
Because it is an active and open investigation, police would not release possible further information about the circumstances of the crash.
In other recent incident reports from the Hilliard Division of Police:
* Police are investigating the theft of more than 40 packs of cigarettes Aug. 29 from the Speedway gas station at 4232 Cemetery Road. A man entered the store at 3 a.m. Aug. 29, took a trash can from inside the store, put more than 40 packs of cigarettes inside and fled, police said.
* Police charged a 17-year-old boy with voyeurism after he allegedly took a photograph of a 14-year-old girl without her permission Aug. 23. The incident occurred at Hilliard Darby High School, 4200 Leppert Road, according to the police report.
* Police reported a burglary at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 27 in the 4600 block of Hoffman Trails Drive. A purse containing money, a driver's license, credit cards and jewelry was reported stolen. Loss was reported at $191.
* A 23-year-old man was arrested for OVI and improper handling of firearms at 3:30 a.m. Aug. 24 at Jeannette and Leap roads.
* Police arrested a 19-year-old man for underage consumption of alcohol at 3:05 a.m. Aug. 27 in the 5100 block of Drivemere Road. Officers had responded to a report of a possible burglary and found the man under the influence of alcohol.
* A 22-year-old woman was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia at 3:50 a.m. Aug. 26 at Cemetery Road and Lacon Drive. The woman's vehicle was impounded because she was driving with a suspended license, police said.
* Police arrested a man for possession of marijuana at 2:15 a.m. Aug. 26 at Cemetery Road and Lyman Drive.
* Police reported a 1999 Ford pickup truck worth $4,000 was stolen at 10:30 p.m. Aug. 24 from the 3600 block of Wenwood Drive.
* A vehicle was reported vandalized at 10 p.m. Aug. 26 in the 4800 block of Lady Jane Way.
* Police reported a vehicle was vandalized at 6 p.m. Aug. 25 in the 5000 block of Vinington Place.
* A vehicle was reported vandalized at 2:30 p.m. Aug. 25 in the 4200 block of Trueman Boulevard.
* A man reported two people assaulted him at 3:30 a.m. Aug. 25 in the 4200 block of Winterringer Street.
* Three credit cards and a checkbook were reported stolen at 4 p.m. Aug. 25 from the 4700 block of Drayton Road.
* A briefcase was reported stolen at 11 p.m. Aug. 25 from a vehicle in the 6100 block of Meadow Wood Lane. A window was broken to gain entry, causing $400 in damages, according to police report. Property loss was reported at $45.
* Police reported a purse was stolen at 8:30 p.m. Aug. 26 from a vehicle in the 4400 block of Huntwicke Drive.
* A 51-year-old man was arrested at 7:45 p.m. Aug. 27 for assault in the 5300 block of Wakefield Drive.
* Police reported a bicycle and electric scooter were stolen at 10:30 p.m. Aug. 27 in the 5100 block of Highland Meadows Drive.
* A bicycle was reported stolen at 5 p.m. Aug. 29 from the 4700 block of Cemetery Road.
* Construction scaffolding worth $9,000 was reported stolen at 6 p.m. Aug. 29 from the 4100 block of Weaver Court South.
Columbus Division of Police
Columbus police reported a robbery at 4:55 a.m. Sept. 1 at the Shell gas station at 3975 Ridge Mill Drive. An employee told police a person entered the store and after a struggle with the employee, took $500 in lottery tickets and fled.
In other recent incident reports from the Columbus Division of Police:
* A 44-year-old Wilmington woman told police she was assaulted at 1:30 a.m. Sept. 1 in the 5100 block of Highglade Drive.
* A 30-year-old woman reported a person attempted to forcibly take her purse at 2 a.m. Sept. 1 in the 2200 block of Gables Lake Drive. The suspect fled without taking anything from the woman, according to the police report.
* Police reported a breaking and entering occurred between 2:45 and 6:45 a.m. Aug. 28 at a business in the 5400 block of Roberts Road. Jewelry and other merchandise worth $1,000 was stolen, according to reports.
* A resident in the 2200 block of Asics Drive reported a front door was vandalized between 4 and 10 p.m. Aug. 28.